• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Chipping on models

Reef12

Battalion Commander
Well we all try to chip the stuff to give it a better look.

I tried the New Stuff from Mig and it is great indeed.

Will be trying different colors and ways in the coming months.

But for now take a look.

On this first run you can see white lines as I used plain tap water.

I will not do that again , stay with distilled water and no lines.

Give it a try.

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Cheers

Jeff

I will have to try this out. I have been using the hairspray process to chip paint. Works great, but this looks like it provides a good effect to.

Thanks for the heads up on this new product!!

Pete

Lay your base color down, usually a rust color or a base camo color, than spray 1-3 layers of hairspray. This is all done with an airbrush. Then spray with your top coat color. Then right after the paint dries using a paont brush start putting water on the areas you want to chip. you can use a toothpick or a paint brush, to work the area. The water softens the hairspray and allows removal of the top color of paint. You can do anything from scratches to heavy paint chipping. Just goggle hairspary method and you can see pics.

I use the MIG pigments for all my weathering and thier mud solutions. I usually get from ebay as it allows some price shopping opportunities. The prices have a big range, I haven't looked for the chipping fluid but will this weekend. No hobby shops around me seem to carry MIG products.

Thanks

Pete

Not the old mig the new Mig and I got them from my Local hobby shop.

But found out that a place I used to get my 1/35 scale stuff has them also.

Military Miniatures Warehouse

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

A little more playing around with the light effect one.

Cheers
Jeff

Back