• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Der Faust's 250 Half-track

Der Faust

Tanker
Here are pictures of my 250 Half-track. It was bought, built and painted prior to a lot of the extra parts now being offered as add-ons.

It's done in a three tone Normandy camo pattern.

For the base coat, I used Krylon Fusion for Plastics 2438 Satin Khaki.
For the camo, I used Tamiya arcylics; XF-64 red brown, XF-61 dark green, XF-60 dark yellow.

I asked a friend of mine to help me with the camo pattern and dusting because I have 3 cats who love to "help" and there's really no room to work on it at my house.

The interior is done with a cannibalized Dragon Kubel. I took the rear seat and the driver's seat and modified them to fit the rear of the half-track. The other front passenger seat was modified and used for the radio operator.

To get the sag in the tracks, I took a 1/8 inch drill bit to enlarge the block side of every other track link relieving the tension and allowing proper fit.

The machine gun shields and mounts are from Armorpax. The rear machine gun mount was threaded and a small nut was used to stabilize it because the weight of the mount with the gun made it want to flop all over. I thought this was a quick and easy fix.

Any extras are basic Dragon weapons, ammo boxes and gear that I pulled out of my parts box.

derfaust_250_01.jpg

derfaust_250_02.jpg

derfaust_250_03.jpg

derfaust_250_04.jpg

derfaust_250_05.jpg

derfaust_250_06.jpg

derfaust_250_07.jpg

derfaust_250_08.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys the pictures. I'm looking forward to purchasing another one to work on since for the price, it's a good quality kit.

Back