• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

DID equipment sets I would buy!

Loke666

Battalion Commander
As we all know DID have recently done some nice equipment sets - some more needed than others - but as a general observation - most sets had allready know and releases part - mixed with a few new items - such as the heads.

To me - especially the boots sets have been good value for money.

So I have the following surgestion for some re-release sets I think would sell well:

Set 1:
- Fritz Mullers crusher (heer panzer)
- Manfred Boelckes crusher (LW)
- Rudolph Anhalts crusher (police)

Set 2:
- Rommel/Guderian/Keitels crusher (heer general rank)
- Herbet Zellers officers M43
- W-SS crusher (new item)

The reason for surgesting this is that I'm fed up with old plastic caps - and at the same time its hard to get a cloth crusher where value for money, price and quality mixes in a reasonable way.
Mind you I not out to bash any of the smallers makers - but I'm not willing to pay the price of a whole figure for a hat - on the other hand I have a hard time finding good alternatives at lower costs.

I have converter several of the above mentioned caps - Rudolph Anhalts cap can easily be converted to either Heer or SS - as some of the other caps can be converted to other arms of service by painting the piping.

While the best solution would be for DID to produce a larger line of Heer; W-SS and LW caps with all the different pipings - I don't think the economi is supportive for that right now - I would imagine that the less wanted colours would sit on the shelves at the retailers.

So by just releasing the mentioned caps - most of us would have the basis for convertions to other caps.

If they would keep the price around 19 $ for 3 caps - you would get good value for money - even if you really only need 2 of the caps.

Henrik

I wouldent mind more "general" infantry gear sets, with Kar98, GW41/43 wood/metal combos. Included should be a "theme part", like a radio, a rangefinder, a MG tripod, some medical supplies, or cable rolls etc., so that each set would be themed towards a special function. Also, Early, Mid, Late themes would be welcome. Same ideas as above, perhaps with a special item in each set, MP44, Panzerfaust, Sniper rifle/smock and so forth.

I would like to see from DID

Basic U.S. Infantry set 1
two grenades, cartridge belt, suspenders, canteen/w cover, first aid pouch, bayonet/w carrier and rifle

Basic U.S. Infantry set 2
two grenades, ammo pouch, belt, suspenders, canteen/w cover, first aid pouch, knife/w carrier and Tompson smg (magazines to fill the ammo pouch also)

German SS hat set (no helmets)

German Wehrmacht hat set (no helmets)

Basic German Infantry set 1
two grenades, MP 40 pouches w/magazines, belt, suspenders, canteen, bread bag, bayonet/w carrier and MP 40 (should come with two belt buckles one SS one Wehrmacht)

Basic German set set 2
two stick grenades, rifle ammo pouches, belt , suspenders, canteen, bread bag, bayonet w/carrier and kar 98 rifle. (should come w/two belt buckles one SS one Wehrmacht)

German Wehrmacht shoulder rank set ( all shoulder boards)
Private to Colonel, Also different branches

Same as above but SS

Cloth U.S. rank set

I thank these would do well............Hammer

I can dream, can't I.

dti62: Toy City makes some pretty complete uniform sets if you don't mind paying $50 a pop. They may not currently offer the exact sets you want but they may in time.

I seem to recall at some point in the past this very topic of gear sets has come up once or twice and a few of the guys in the know said that the manufacturers plain and simple do not make any money on sets and that's why you don't see them.

DML years ago made some great accessory sets that would still sell today if they would make them....but noooooooo, they can't make any money selling something people want so they just change the color of the shoulder boards and try to sell us the same figure 3 times.

Steve

Back