• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Diorama: US 1st Infantry Division with 37mm Anti-Tank Gun

RNAGATA

Rifleman
Category: Diorama Submitted by an Individual

I've been looking forward to posting this! Some of you have been following my completely scratch-built 37mm Anti-Tank gun in this thread: http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?t=17978. We'll, I finally finished it and had a chance to take some photos this afternoon. This diorama represents the 1st ID, probably in Italy, 1943 (since the M3 wasn't used much after that). As stated, the AT gun is completely scratch-built. The figures are bashed from mostly DID and some DML parts. Both headsculpts were repainted by me with acrylics and pastels. The helmet insignia are hand painted. The crates are built-up kits from greatplanes27, slightly weathered. The 37mm ammo is from Panzerwerk, painted by me, with some custom made waterslide decals for that extra detail. The sandbags and barbed wire were custom sewn and made by me. The jeep in the background is my kit-bashed Hasbro seen in this thread: http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?p=120844&highlight=#120844. I basically dug up the backyard to make this set. The Sherman that's out of focus in the background is actually a 1/18 model from Target that I repainted and weathered. I did a little forced perspective trick to make it fit. Enjoy the photos:

diorama1.jpg

diorama2.jpg

diorama3.jpg

diorama4.jpg

diorama5.jpg

diorama6.jpg

diorama7.jpg

I'm glad to see this fantastic build in a diorama. Every little detail you put in to that gun pays off, and your crew look great too.

:!: :!:

Tim

Here, Here! I followed your build from start to, well, now fruition. Very well done. She looks great and the crew/ dio do her justice.

Well done!

GenSpec

Excellent! like everyone else, it's nice to see your fantastic 37mm project in action. Great work.

Good luck

Tim

Very Nice 37 and that Sgt looks like he ready to use it on something, All the attention to the smallest detail shows.
GB

You did a great job making that sherman fit, looks like its a little ways in the distance! Very nice subtle detail.

Chris. b

Very nice dio, gotta love all the detail, but I must say, the 37mm steals the show, what an amazing piece, great job dude :!: :!: :!:

Nice build on the 37. Looks way better than the hasbro version. Love the crates. Might have to bite on those. Dio is superb. So how big a hole did you dig?

Back