• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Entry #24 "Russ Seacat III" 3RD PRIZE

SgtRock

Site Admin
"Ruh Roh"

Pick any island under the finding itself part of the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere after the Battle of Midway and you have the setting for a Japanese underground bunker. Realizing the futility of the Bonzai charge, the Japanese chose to "dig in" and assume a purely defensive posture in an effort to take as many allied lives as possible in hopes of an entreaty to peace. In this particular instance, a light machine gun bunker on the island of Okinawa in 1945 is constructed of bamboo and wood and cleverly concealed in the side of a hill. As one man's junk is another man's treasure, one man's ventillation pipe is another man's grenade chute. For those not fluent in Japanese, a collective "Ruh Roh" can be heard echoing from inside the bunker.

1%7E20.jpg

2%7E18.jpg

3%7E18.jpg

4%7E17.jpg

5%7E16.jpg

6%7E14.jpg

Congratulations! It is so cool to see the orginal "GI Joe" can still show strong! A great subject, well executed, great job!

That base is simply amazing! I never liked soing ground work for dioramas as I could never make coninving well. . ground. But that looks like a piece of the island has bee magically miniaturized. I hope you do a tutorial on that for the rest of us.

Cool dio Russ, nice to see something PTO for a change of pace, great presentation. Big congrats, and thanks for your participation :)

Great job on this one..I really like your Jap troopers..A nice presentation on a portion of WWII that is often overlooked in our hobby..Congrats..

Better late than never....This dio was/is by far my favorite. The multiple angles tells the story without words. I also like the use of the old style Joe.
:D

Back