• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Fields of Armor / Loic Anthian

Fields of Armor / Loic Anthian

It pains me to write this but after 16 months of constant run arounds, no communications, lack of request for pictures, and basically bad customer service overall, I’m writing to warn anyone of utilizing or purchasing anything from Fields of Armor LLC that is managed by Loic Anthian.

The whole episode began back in September 2018 after I commissioned Loic to build a 1/6 Panzer IV Ausj. J model. I’ve worked with Loic before on a commission build of a Sd.kfz 164 Nashorn that was intended for my Father-in-Law whose father served in the schwere Heeres-Panzerjäger-Abteilung 88 (http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22887&highlight=Nashorn). It took a while to accomplish the project, nearly 15 months starting in December 2016, and minus a few times when he didn’t get back to me for a month or two everything was fine; monthly progress reports, pictures, questions to clarify, final approval pictures. Minus FedEX nearly destroying the model and me painstakingly taking the next five months to fix everything went fine. So well in fact that was when I commissioned a Panzer IV for me.

After going back and forth on the details of the commission and setting it up to be a late model Ausj J from the 7. Panzer-division I purchased the kit and the extra add-ons for $1401.50 on September 27th 2018. It was also discussed of a figure to be purchased from their Master Figure Builder for the project which I agreed upon as well. The target timeframe quoted by Loic is about a six month turn around so aiming towards Late February/Early March of the following year after completion of another commission of two Panzer V commission from Kampfgruppe Peiper Ardennes ’44.

Around February 17th 2018 I sent an email inquiring about the status of the project. I got a quick reply back stating that the two panthers were being completed and mine would be next. The spring newsletter even stated that it would be a Spring Project. Then came May 2018 when I suddenly saw on their FB Group and SAG of their newest project 8.8 cm Flak 36 on a commission build with a crew. Imagine my surprise when I saw this, checked my email and newsletter three times to make sure I hadn’t miss read something and began to wonder ‘I was told I was next and now where did this come from’? Then others started to comment on the thread looking to commission a build for the Flak 36 which Loic was more than happy to inform them to send them an email.

So, I fired off an email to Loic on June 26th 2018:
‘Hey Loic,

Been a while since I heard from you and just checking in to see who things are going on. Got the summer newsletter and saw the Flak 36 Commission, which came out of left field since all the corresponds above show that mine was next in the docket after completion of the Panthers (one of the Panthers were completed back in March and you were still working on the M.A.N. Disc Pattern on the other), and no info was mention on the Pz.IV commission that said it was coming this summer in the Spring Newsletter so are we standing here?’

I didn’t hear anything back from him so after a couple of days I figured it was time that I reached out to other sources that were familiar with FOA. At their request I’m keeping those conversations private. Needless to say, it put up my alarm bells. So, I sent Loic a PM on SAG and FB Messenger where he replied back that the commission was 80% completed and that the Panther commission was completed as well as the Flak 36 commission.

On August 29th 2018 towards the end summer I sent the following email:
‘ Hey loic,

So what's the status on this project? Almost been a year so far and I haven't seen anything yet on progress in fact I've been the one chasing you around on this which is the complete opposite on the last built where you were on the ball sending either monthly or bi-monthly emails with pictures. Last time I heard from you was the beginning of July after the Fourth and you stated it was approximately 70% completed and was moving along fast with your people working full time during the summer.

So I would like to see pictures on this since its 70% completed as of the beginning of July and should be nearing completion by now.

Sincerely,
Pete

PS: This is also going to go out at SAG and FB Messenger.’

I didn’t get a reply back from Loic until September 13th 2018 asking me some final questions about the project and that they were working on the tank full time.
‘Peter,
Just that you understand where I’m heading on your kit buildup:

FOA is making the Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.J late a NEW product. That means we are making new masters for the exhausts, new muzzle brake, and other parts that were offered on the Ausf.J version. We are helped by Heiko from Germany who make this marvelous upgrade of the Armortek kit on SAG

So timing-wise, I’m expecting your kit to be ready around late October/November range’.

On September 19th 2018 I got a reply that he hardly goes onto SAG and email would be better. (I constantly check his status page and he usually comes on once or twice a week)

Again, I waited yet again until the end of November and still nothing. No information. No updates. No Photos. Nothing. So, I reached out to Randy here and started to converse with him on this. He agreed that I was showing great patience with him and I stated that we worked together in the past and everything was fine until this time around. He stated that I should call him out on the Forums and the FB Groups, but I was still willing to give Loic some more time and reach out to him one more time. On November 26th 2019 I sent him yet another email and heard nothing.

Growing impatient I tried FB Messenger and Got the following reply:
‘ Peter, I sent you an email about 2 weeks ago about this. Basically, the builder is no more with us, and I have an employee that will take care of your tank full time next week. I want to deliver this kit before Christmas. It is close to complete, but still require finishing’.

For the record I can take a screenshot of my correspondents with Loic to show that I never received an email from him regarding this. I said okay and that I’ll check back in a few weeks. Christmas came and still nothing so I messaged him again on Christmas Eve regarding the matter and yes, this time, my patience was at an end:
‘ So obviously this delivery before Christmas isn't going to happen. To be quite frank, I'm getting quite tired of this endless runaround. Since July 7th this kit has been 70% competed. FB pics were suppose to be posted (never happened), two and half months later it would be competed by end of November (didn't happened) and now done by Christmas (Merry Christmas...still nothing). So what happened?’

And quickly got this reply:
‘Ok, that's why we should not communicate via FB, I don't have the database here, and it seems we got a mix up. I have another order/customer with a fully built/commission Panzer IV Ausf.J. So yours is FIRST because it's the first order. Aaron is working on it today full time. We have taken a lot of items off the kit as it was not accurate. But this is a two-days job now, the issue is the painting which I intend to deal with after Christmas... so if you can be patient for another week, I can ship that tank. But it's probably best you communicate via email loic@fieldofarmortanks.com’.

What? Another commission on the very same tank (first I heard of it) and yes mine was suppose to be the first so who were you communicating with and saying that one of them was suppose to be done by Christmas if not mine? And you just stated above mine was first so whose commission was supposed to be done first???

Started a new email thread on my gmail account with my order # at the top for information purposes. Last message was on December 24th 2019 stated that the tank would be finished over the holidays.

Last edited:
And now here we are, middle of January and last email was sent on January 9th 2020 and haven’t received anything from him. I never asked for him to take anything off the tank because it’s inaccurate. I never asked for it to be historical accurate. He was on SAG yesterday at 0700 hrs (whatever time zone that the forums are on). I tried calling FOA today and just went to voice mail, I was basically speechless that I sounded like a stuttering idiot while leaving the message to the point where my frustration level finally had enough and I just told him to check his email and we'll go from there. Here is my last message I sent to him regarding this:

‘Loic,

You asked for my patience on finishing this up back on December 24th 2019. You stated that this would be finished up over the holidays. Time and time again excuse, after excuse, after excuse. Delay, after delay. Promise after promise. I paid you $1401.50 down payment for this with a turnaround time of six months which now was morphed into sixteen months. You stated back in the July of 2019 that it was 80% completed even after completion of two other commissions (one of which I can only assume you took on after mine judging from the information that I've obtain to push one of your new kits and then happily started to say contact me when others started to ask about commissioning you for one on the FOA Build Page FB Group). Then it was about getting new and improve parts for it. Then again nothing. When I finally got ahold of you, you stated by Christmas and when that didn't happen and I messaged you about it now suddenly you have two Panzer IVs commissioned and mine was FIRST (your words, not mine)! If mine was first but you got the orders mixed up, then who the hell were you promising to deliver the Panzer IV Commission to if mine was supposable to be first? You stated you emailed me regarding said matters, you never did and I have all email correspondences with you saved.

Back on the 24th of December in your email you stated and I quote 'Aaron is working on it today full time.' You've said that repeatedly since July of last year! If this item has been worked on full time since then I'd be expecting a full-size running Panzer IV to come down my street to be delivered. You also stated and I quote 'We have taken a lot of items off the kit as it was not accurate'. I didn't ask for you to make a historical correct Panzer IV Ausf J, all I ask for was for a Panzer IV Ausf J 1/6 model with the parts that I ordered. Do I get a refund on all the parts you took off?

To be honest and completely frank with you, I don't even believe you anymore. I don't believe you or your people have been working on this full time. I don't believe that this project is 80% completed. In fact, I don't think this has even started. Why? Because I've asked for pictures time and time again only to be met with either silence from you, ignored my request, or misdirected my inquiry. Well here is the fact of the matter, its over; the delays, the excuses, the misdirection, everything.

I've been patient beyond patient and if this is how you treat a paying customer, and a repeat customer at that, then we'll let the chips lie we're they fall. I only got $1401.50 to lose, which isn't a laughing matter, but you got much more to lose than me: to start the complete lack of trust, faith, and reputation with the community that you depend on to purchase your products to start with (I've been in this hobby since 1998 when I came across 21st Century Products and been posting online since then starting on Green Leader's Board. I am still an active member on OSW, Sixth Division, SAG, Armed Figures Forum, and countless FB Groups. I've seen firsthand what happens when word gets out about a person/vendor/company in this community that conducts less than respectable business practices towards members of this community. Steel Dragons ring a bell with you to name one), not to mention Utah Criminal Penal Code 76-6-412(c), and violation of established FTC policies and statures.

So, this is where we stand and you can choose where we go from here:
A.) On the next reply show me concrete proof that this project has progressed to the level you stated. You got a cell phone, take it out, snap a few pictures, and send them. From there you can either
1.) Complete the project within a week's time frame. Crate it and give me the final tally with accompanying pictures to show completion.
2.) Don't finish it, give me the shipping cost and send it. Once received I'll verify what has been done and what hasn't and then pay you for what I determine that you did accomplish and finish what hasn't
And when it does ship it better be well packaged, tied out, and braced. No cutting corners. No 'F-this-guy'. Your reputation and that of your company's, as I stated, is on the line.

B.) Refund me the total amount that I paid. PayPal Transaction ID #1CE07081Y41954408 no later than COB Friday January 17th 2020 and we go our separate ways never to do business again.

C.) Blow off this email and I will pursue my civil and legal course of actions.

The ball is in your court. It’s now time for you decide.

Sincerely,
Peter Klementowski Jr’

Last edited:
So that’s it in a nutshell everyone. I whole heartfully extend an invite to Loic to come and reply to this thread to tell his said of the story. For me the damage has already been done and I’ve already started to actively warn people on other forums and groups that have been inquiring about FOA to go elsewhere or deal with a third-party vendor that sells their products with a strict inventory on hand. At least they’ll receive what they ordered in a timely manner.

I feel your pain. I had the same type of problem with FOA a while back. I had to wait 9 months and several email excuses (also several ignored ones) from Loic for a Goliath trailer. This was originally a Mike Stannard piece. He would turn over in his grave to see the piece of crap I received from FOA. Some of the pieces didn't fit together properly, some were cracked, the quality absolutely sucked, some pieces were different than what was showed on the web site, and I received no instructions on how all these were supposed to fit together. This thing is still sitting in a box waiting for me to have the patience to attempt putting it all together. Good luck.
Bob

wow. i can understand. all i can say is he does like to take his time fulfilling the orders. i've waited a couple of months for some orders. mind you all i buy is tank cupolas for bases on my custom tanker figures. he's been good at getting back to me when inquiring about my orders but it does become tedious having to beg to get my order in the mail..lol. he does make some great items though....

namaste
Miguel

I've been on contact with Loic last week before I had to disappear for work (places I go has some spotty cell coverage :roll: ). He sent me some pictures of the commission to see how things are and we also agreed to a three week turn around. This week is suppose to be painting and weathering before shipping out with final details the last week before shipping out.

Heard from Loic and he is working on your Panzer I and my Sherman is in line when your's is done. Looks like 2020 will be a good tank year.

Leonard
RTT

Hey Leonard,

It's done being built with painting commencing now. Hopefully I have some pictures of the final product soon. I'll try and post some progress photos I got from Loic later on.

Pete

Well just an update on the situation with Loic/FOA. We agreed to a deadline by Feb 5th 2020, but there was a problem in fitting the skirts since the dimensions were off. I asked if this was going to interfere with the original deadline. Here is his reply:

------------------
Loic Anthian

Thu, Jan 23, 5:03 PM

I don’t think we will need much more time. I’ve been trying to “free” Aaron more by hiring a new employee on the FOA side (and on Kitlinx side too), but it’s still ‘a work in progress’. Not easy to find good hands for this specific job when unemployment is at 2% in Utah.

However, Aaron has mostly solved the skirts. I’ve attached few more pics. You ordered TWO Bosch lights, but the Ausf.J only has ONE, so we were thinking of giving you an extra 6SI accessories to make that up, which you did not order

See photos. Aaron is back at it tomorrow – The ‘late’ exhaust is the next step. You can see that you already have the two pipes, but the wall are too thick and I’d like to get the thinner wall and put some details INSIDE IT. After that, I think it’s all painting/weathering

I will need about one day to copy all dimensions for the skirts and the change in the brackets, because we are making the Ausf.J a NEW RELEASE.
--------------

He did send two photos that I've attached below:
http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/gallery/files/1/1/8/0/with_skirts.jpg

Well on the 7th of Feb when I didn't hear from him I sent an email about how the progress is going and this is what I got back:

------------------------
Loic Anthian

Feb 7, 2020, 11:23 AM (13 days ago)

You tank is 100% completed. I’m painting it myself NOW. I’ll post pics on FB and you can follow it. It’s gorgeous
It’s shipping next week as soon as I get approval from the pics
-----------------------

Two weeks later and nothing so I just sent an email today so waiting to hear back from him now on the status and will update.

From the photos looks like a fantastic build and paint job.

Leonard
RTT

Well he's back to his normal ways of going dark again. Haven't heard anything since the 7th. If I don't hear anything this week then it's time to cut my losses and request a full refund.

Of course he informed me to follow the build on the FOA FB Group page but since I'm BANNED by him from it the advice was pointless.

Last edited:
Just checked out the FOA website and no updates since July12/2019, nothing about your PzIV, nor did I see any build albums or pictures on the FOA build group

UPDATE: 1410 EST Feb 25th 2020

To everyone following this I've sent out this email to Loic / Fields of Armor
--------------------------------------

Loic,
Since you've gone back to your old ways of ignoring my emails and status requests, not to mention of telling me to follow the build on the FOA FB Group that I was banned from by you (and that others who are still members have informed me there has been no new pictures posted or any updates on said group). And for the fact that I'm quite tired of chasing you around for any updates and dealing with months of silence that I've come to expect from you. You've left me no choice but to inform you of the following:

On January 14th 2020, after a year and half since this project was commissioned back on the 27th of September 2018, we agreed to a deadline of Feb 5th 2020 to have the commission built of a 1/6 scale Panzer IV Ausj. J completed and sent out. This has come and gone. You stated that you didn't need anymore time back on January 27th 2020 to get this done. In fact the last email I got you was on the 7th, two days after the deadline had came and went, with the following message and I quote:

Loic Anthian Feb 7, 2020, 11:23 AM
to me

You tank is 100% completed. I’m painting it myself NOW. I’ll post pics on FB and you can follow it. It’s gorgeous
It’s shipping next week as soon as I get approval from the pics

Two and a half weeks since then and nothing. Your words are meaningless to me now, since time and time again I've heard the same thing from you only to be met with silence. What did you do, shipped the tank off to the other customer that was getting ready to pull the plug and ask for their money back? Or did you get confused again about which project was which and everything you were telling me was suppose to be for the other order. Which is it? You know what, I don't want to know anymore since it'll be another lie from you.

As the old saying goes 'Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me'. There will not be a third time now!

I want a full refund by 1700 hrs Eastern Standard Time Friday, February 28th 2020 for PayPal Transaction ID #1CE07081Y41954408 in the amount of $1401.50.

Failure to do so will compile me to file a Police Report with the Sandy City Police Department who've already informed me that I can do so online and they will investigate the matter. I will also be filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission; even although they only handle complaints regarding said matters of Internet Services and aren't an enforcement agency, they do share their information and findings with the proper local, state, and federal authorities.

Sincerely,
Peter Klementowski Jr
----------------------------------------

To anyone who is dealing with Loic and have heard the same excuse, after excuse of him stating 'yours is next after we finish this one' I strongly urge you to reevaluate any said orders with Loic/Fields of Armor. You've read what I've been going through and his unwillingness to address said matter here in public speaks volumes. You do not want to be in my shoes going through this.

Will I see my money back *shrug*, I don't know. And I don't know the state of Utah's stature of limitations involving Criminal Penal Code 76-6-412(c). Shame it has come to this but, to me in my own opinion, he's way in over his head and doesn't know how to get out of it.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me here and has reached out to me regarding Loic and his business practices in the said past.

I've been waiting over two years for my Sherman. Had a glimmer of hope when he stated that it is the next project after yours.

Leonard
RTT

Damn, seems like he's got a line out the door and around the corner on promises. To me it seems like he doesn't give a care. He stated he would refund my payment immediately on the SAG Thread on FB but as of yet no dice. If you want I'll give you the information that I got from Sandy City Police Department on how to file a police report with them. FTC will also take an interest in him also if the dollar amount starts to stack-up which would fall under the jurisdiction of the FBI for Business Fraud since it crosses over state-lines.

And of course he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to reply to my last email. Thankfully I took a picture of my order status and form from FOA before he deactivated my account.

Last edited:
Hi
May take you up on that. I've felt that he isn't trying to rip us off, rather that he is overextended and working on too many new prototype projects and not putting his current clients first. I would think that FOA would like to keep their clients happy as those are the ones putting money up front, and if happy will buy more products down the line.

The prototype projects are a negative cash flow and no immediate means to bring money into the company. But what do I know....

Leonard

Back