• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Fury - Did anybody notice these goofs?

SLICK7

Company Commander
I originally saw Fury in the theater and just watched it for the second time - on demand.
Did anybody notice that in the first scene inside the tank one of the crew calls Wardaddy "Sir"? The next time he is called sir he corrects the guy and says, "I'm not a sir!"
The other thing I noticed was that the captain in the fur coat in the warehouse appears to have an injury to his right eye. The next time you see him he has two perfectly blue eyes. maybe it was the lighting, but it looked fishy to me.
I looked up known goofs for the movie but these two were not listed. Here's the goofs that are posted on IMDb:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2713180/goofs

I noticed a number of goofs, but they were actually just bad editing. I figured this all out when I watched the deleted/alternate scenes on the DVD/bluray. When watching the movie there were a number of things that just didn't make sense to me.

Continuity is a dying art in movies. Spielberg made it "cool" to just edit for pace and rhythm, and to hell with continuity, so all the new directors do it too. If it moves things along, it can go anywhere. Also, things chnange in scenes as to where stuff is or what someone is wearing, etc., without regard to what matches previous or following scenes. I guess they think the core audience is too stupid to notice.

Maybe they're right ...

first off , continuity is not dying , in fact its a very important thing on set , we always strive to make things as perfect as you can , unfortunately stuff happens , mostly with things like food and beverages , sometimes even bigger items can be changed for a list of reasons too long to go into , working with extras and actors is not always easy , when you tell them not to mess with the set , they are like kids and start messing with things , things get lost or stolen from day to day , and cant always be matched up for a re shoot , or continued shot on another day .
there is a million reason for continuity to be off , But remember this , the prop guys usually 2 or 3 are running their asses off , and have been working 12-16 hours days not to mention drives home and such , the On set dresser is usually 1 sometimes 2 guys , and they have to clean up everything like when you have a bar fight , and then you have to reset everything for another shot , its not easy , people making the movies (the little guys) are pushed to the limit now to save time and money , puts a lot of strain on you , I guess I take this one a little personal because i know what goes on , and have filmed whole movies , not just a day or 2 as an extra .

If you really want to know what its like , have someone move stuff around in you hobby room , have them take a pic , then you come in and put everything back , and you only have 3-5 minutes . see how good you do .

Not trying to ruffle any feathers. I really enjoyed the flick. I find the entire process interesting and the "goofs' add to the interest. A friend of mine works on the House of Cards show. He says Kevin Spacey is insane about continuity. He even makes sure that his wrist watch matches the clock on the wall so guys like me won't notice if they don't match. My all time favorite blooper was a movie shot in Philly where a chase scene ends with a car going into the Delaware River. If you are not from the area you would never notice the car goes into the Schuylkill River. They probably couldn't get a permit to drive it into the Delaware.

They have continuity people but like you and me they are not perfect they too do make mistakes. I know we all nit pick movies, etc. There isn't a movie made that doesn't have some minor errors, there used to be a tv show about movie bloopers and also there are tv/movie blooper websites still out there as well

They have continuity people

Yhea its called a Script supervisor , the rest is expected of the individual departments. in theory they work together to make it as seamless as possible .

I don't know why people are so obsessed with continuity really its a film meant for entertainment purposes thats all and should be judged accordingly .total respect for the people working behind the scenes without them there'd be no movie.

I don't know why people are so obsessed with continuity really its a film meant for entertainment purposes thats all and should be judged accordingly .total respect for the people working behind the scenes without them there'd be no movie.

To hell with standards. Let anything go and stuff the paying public. What kind of attitude is that?
A movie, or anything come to that, should be the BEST is can be and we should NOT accept "it will do" attitude. No wonder there's so many crap films being made. Total respect for making cockups, if I did that I would be out of work.

The glass is half full, then full again, then half full all in the same scene, time & time again.

Cheers, Antony

I couldn't agree more. It's sheer laziness that produces these continuity gaffs. The Script supervisor should be all over these things before the scene is "printed". I know that sometimes the mistakes are seen and the scene re-shot, but then, in editing the director uses a previous take that includes the error. Still, it is common in films today to re-shuffle entire scenes out of continutiy! And they expect us to just shrug and go on? Not me!

Back