• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

gary1930's 250/9 contest entry

gary1930

Company Commander
The paint scheme and markings of my 250/9 are of the 19th Panzer Division, Belgorod, Russia, July, 1943, as shown in the first pic from the Concord publication Panzers in the East (1). I make my own Dunkelgelb from Tractor Supply’s buff primer mixed with black. The green is Model Master dark green.

The MG34, shovel, and jerry cans are from Dragon, the 2cm gun (except for the casing-catcher and shield) from thetoysurgeon, and detail parts from Panzerwerk. Decals are from John’s Stuff, set with Micro Sol.

The gun mount, turret, storage boxes, jerry can holders, and everything else not included in the kit were scratch built from styrene. The gun and turret rotate, and the gun assembly elevates. My research shows that the pedestal mount I depicted was used on all 250/9s except for possibly a few of the last Alte versions. The Hängelafette (hanging mount) came in with the Neue version. I used the kit’s bucket seats on the gun mount, and scratch built the front seats.

I eliminated the wheel gap by removing the outer ring on the hub. The rear axle was moved back and up 3/8”, and an extra link was added to each track to get the proper sag. The mudflaps were cut from 1/16” sheet rubber.

By far the toughest part of the build was the turret screen, which was made from plastic screen sandwiched in between strips of .060 styrene.

gary1930_250_00.JPG

gary1930_250_01.JPG

gary1930_250_02.JPG

gary1930_250_03.JPG

gary1930_250_04.JPG

Back