• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Good Things for those who wait 222 update

Panzerjuan

Rifleman
Thanks for everyones patience, the 222 sheets are here and I will start shipping starting on Monday. I have a 5.2 megapixel camera but I was in a hurry to post something so the pictures could be much better. These came out much better than I thought, it could be they look better because the prototypes were just a box of parts these look like sheets of brand new hundred dollar bills, nothing chipped or broken. These are done in Styrene so they are very rigid they really are pretty. The next kit to be done will be the Marder III M and I will let Fusilier 1944 chime in and give the details we will also do the 234-1 turret at the same time for those lucky buyers of Tim's Puma (Sorry to keep you waiting Tim ). We plan on following the Marder with the Field Kitchen, and Mike's Jagdpanther and then the Staghound, Pzr I, 38T, and after these is speculation but we have plans for the Panhard, and Horch. We have the Capacity to do many vehicles but we are limited by the time it takes to get our vehicles cut so we will get these done as fast and as best we can. I would like to add that I have a few more available if anyone else is interested. I would like to also thank Veritasz34, Fusilier1944 and German Billy for their input and talents.
PICT0593.jpg

PICT0594.jpg

PICT0595.jpg

That is going to be a very nice looking kit. My compliments to whoever did your CAD work. The only thing I would recomend in future offerings would be tabbed bulkheads/formers to help with alignment and construction.

Thanks for the suggestions Tim, the CAD work was done by the cutter and then some arrangement of the parts was done by Fusilier1944 the original prints were reviewed by veritasz34 and myself .
panzerjuan

Reizbar";p="55600 said:
The only thing I would recomend in future offerings would be tabbed bulkheads/formers to help with alignment and construction.

Hmm, interesting that you brought that up as there is a bit of that incorporated into the Marder III M file already. I got a bit done on the modifications of my file tonite, so as to make it more compatible for the cutter. Should be re-finished in the next week or so. (I always feel bad when I work on this instead of my actual CAD homework).

Here's a question for anyone interested in the Marder: Would you want pieces like the gun/breach to come as the flat parts that have to be assembled or would you be putting a different gun on the vehicle, say the dragon or tus pak 40? It'd also be possible to have some pieces like this be sold as cast parts as I've got to work up a master anyway for the 3rd one I've been building (slowly, I don't know how I got that 2nd one done in a month!). Feedback is always appreciated and acknowledged within feasable reason.

Thanks and I can't wait to see the 222 in person. Really looking forward to it!

Panzerjuan,

The sheets look most impressive. I agree that this vehicle is really shaping up quite well.

nicely done!

FooFighter

WOW this thing looks great. Alot better than the prototype. I'll have this thing together in a couple of hours or less (Didn't take me much longer with the prototype). I hope everyone who gets one of these is pleased with the end results. I did the best I could from several references. I also plan on making a few parts here and there for this one also. I'll get started on mine as soon as I get one in hand. Thanks Mike..

I am rubbing my hands together with anticipation! This is going to be a lot of fun to build and trick out. Thanks for the update, Mike!

Good Things for those who wait 222 update

:shock: Wow!, they did turn out nice! PM sent on one of the extra kits Mike.
Another winter (fun) project! :!:

fusilier1944, How ever you wanna do the gun/breechblock is fine by me.
I've just been waiting for news like this! And it's not even Christmas yet! :!:

Mark.

VERY Impressive !

I would love to try to build out something like this (especially the Marder), but I have never tried anything more complicated than an AH 250. I had fun building it- but then, that was a pretty simple kit for a pretty unskilled modeler like me.

I'd welcome your thoughts on what level of skill someone would need to make on these beauties come together nicely-and avoid ending up with a $150 unfinished jigsaw puzzle.

ALSO-where do you get wheels for it ?

Nice!

Looks great. I can't wait. Any chance for more Allied kits? The Staghound turret still seems like too big a pain in the @ss. Have you considered doing a Humber? People could detail it into different Mk.s for use in North Africa, Italy or NW Europe. A very versality vehicle with a straight-edged turret!

mikew9717";p="55865 said:
I'd welcome your thoughts on what level of skill someone would need to make on these beauties come together nicely-and avoid ending up with a $150 unfinished jigsaw puzzle.

Since we're in the same town, I was able to pick up two kits from Panzerjuan, and am well into the first. I would say the skill level required is not particularly high, but there are many unknowns with the kit as there are no instructions.

Unless somebody else does, I will start a build thread in the Training Center soon. I hope Panzerjuan, Germanbilly, fusilier1944, and veritasz34 will jump in and help us.

mikew9717";p="55865 said:
ALSO-where do you get wheels for it ?

There are three choices that I know of:

1- Resin wheels from veritasz34 (about $96 shipped).
2- Steel 6" lawn mower wheels (about $6 each from Walmart and others).
(square tread edges must be rounded off).
3- Desimone Dodge wheels (price and quality unknown to me).

I am going with option 2 on my first one, and have the veritasz set for my second.

Horsa,
On the Stag we have the AA Turret and then we plan on vaccum forming the cast turret. It is possible to do the other version but we would first need to get plans for the turret. On the allied front we have a gpa, Halftrack, M18 Hellcat, Dodge weapons carrier and Dukw for US for Russia we have the gaz, T34, zis-42, ba64 and btr.
panzerjuan

Thanks for your help Gary. It sure looks like a great way to get vehicle kits out into the market at a very manageable price point.

Wheels for 222

Awsome! I can't wait until I recieve mines. For those who purchased the armor car, what are you using for wheels?? I read somewhere that you may use lawn mower wheels. Has anyone tried this? Can it pass for the real thing? What size would the wheels have to be? I was thinking about RC car wheels...any help would be apreciated!

I got mine (first one) done to the point where you can see what the complete vehicle will look like: The girls like it. :wink:

girls.jpg

Check out the build thread in the Training Center below.

Back