• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Hammer's Panzer IV

Hammer's Africaners

First Sergeant
Hammer’s Panzer IV

Panzer IV –Panzer Juan flat kit- bought it from another 1/6er received it built and painted in European colors. Was damage from mailing both sprockets and sprocket housings, idler wheel and housings broke off, fenders busted up and other damage. Repaired all that.

To me whoever built it did a fantastic job with the materials that were available years ago, almost did not want to change it from it’s original build. It has been a year long project repairing and changing her to a Afrika Korps vehicle, but well worth.

Panzer IV details added.

Markings are from John’s Stuff decals

Turret
Scratch built Rommel’s box (storage box)
Added interior hatches detail
Added lift hooks, pistol ports (From Fields of Armor)
Scratch built radio antenna guard on main gun Barrel
Replaced machinegun barrels with panzerwerk machine gun barrels
Added grad bars, side hatch stops
Added conical bolts to short barrel main gun housing (from Fields of Armor)
Added turret top bolt detail
Added bolt detail to both main gun assemblies
Original builder built two main guns that can be interchanged, A super great feature I think.

Back deck
Muffler painted with Enamel wash Light rust by AK interactive (AK046)
Turret motor scratch built , with part of a potato masher grenade
Rear black out marker lights by Armor pax
Cleaning rods made by original builder I added wing nuts from fields of Armor and cloth cover

Main body
Sprockets and idler wheels made by original builder, road wheels also (they are made of wood)
Track I think is from Panzerwerks
Pistol ports on driver and radioman hatches and lifting hooks added from fields of armor

Other details
Canteens, jack and figures from Dragon
Horn, spare track and notlictch on front deck from Panzerwerk
Road wheel arm stops,rear tow hooks, tools, clamps tow cable and spare road wheels from Fields of Armor
Scratch built track jacks, S hooks and track wrenches
Water cans from Soldier Story (best I could find, correctly marked with Wasser and dated 1941)
Small fender mounted front blackout lights by Crazy Monkey Studios
Oilcans by Die Werkstadt
Sand Bags from BBI/Blue box
The Jerry can racks are scratch built by me.
Painted with spray cans.
Static Panzer not R/C

DSCF7667_zpsnms2ta2r.jpg

DSCF7668_zps3r2cdgeb.jpg

DSCF7669_zpsqziepmn8.jpg

DSCF7670_zpsvtw6jjgp.jpg

DSCF7671_zpsso8bpii0.jpg

DSCF7672_zpsabjsrrls.jpg

DSCF7673_zpsu6lpmkhx.jpg

DSCF7674_zpsnbdlh9y0.jpg

DSCF7675_zpsuqpgvesd.jpg

DSCF7676_zpszcdgqugy.jpg

DSCF7677_zpsj1cattew.jpg

DSCF7678_zps2pnlnhrp.jpg

DSCF7679_zpsxbqaf0c3.jpg

DSCF7680_zpsleo60vkl.jpg

DSCF7665_zpsxug0gjve.jpg

DSCF7664_zpsntm9ghc2.jpg

DSCF7663_zpsb4zgjogl.jpg

Wow! That takes me back. Love the new details. Almost makes me wish I’d never sold it. Tracks are panzerwerk’s injection molded ones. Damn, they’re nice. For reference here’s the original build thread (photobucketed up as it may be): Panzer IV build link

Appreciate the kind words about my work. You’re welcome, haha.

Nice work there. Always a bit of a crab shoot when it comes to mailing a tank; making you wonder what are you going to have to rebuild once you get it in hand.

Back