• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Has the hobby really come to this

Wish these had been around when I was putting the guys together, would have saved on stuffing the socks in to give them a more tough guy look.
GB :rock::rock:

Yes, the hobby has really come to this and it will continue as long as we allow it. The WWII community has really taken a back seat to the other groups the last couple of years. Modern, Super Hero, Movie themes, Female figures have really taken the lead and that is not changing in the very near future. Our group had a meeting at my house a couple of months back and of the 14 figures present there that other fellows brought over 7 of them where Females and one was the new muscle Phicon figure that was completely nude with an Arnold head sculpt and a hard on. Why? I have not been posting any thing new as of late as I am not doing much with 1/6 lately and with the current state of the hobby not sure that I will be. The cost of figures and with really very little coming out that I don't already have a version of already makes me not care. I have hit max capacity on my vehicles (space issues) so there isn't even that to get excited about. There are no more shows to work towards and the shows that do exist are not worth my time, money or energy to build something for. Who's fault is it? Nobody but the natural evolution of the hobby. So after all is said and done get used to the little pee pee shows that seem to be the rage coming out of China lately. Take the stuff that you can use and disregard the rest. As always have fun with your hobby. Whew

Jeff (Geppetto):!:

So where are the female parts at.:lol::lol:

Not right , and nor PC correct.:lol::lol:

That is funny as hell though.:!:

Cheers

Jeff

Everyone swore that it would eventually come to anatomically correct nudes...guess they were right.

At least I'm saving money. It's hard enough *rimshot* to explain the hobby as it is to people.

Job Opening: 1/6 Male Organ Sculptor, Prefer candidates with their own tiny reference material.

Everyone swore that it would eventually come to anatomically correct nudes...guess they were right.

At least I'm saving money. It's hard enough *rimshot* to explain the hobby as it is to people.

Job Opening: 1/6 Male Organ Sculptor, Prefer candidates with their own tiny reference material.

Last sentence.....again.. ROTFLMAO!

Yea as it seems it’s gone to the lowest common denominator....

Damn shame but some of us are still working albeit a lot slower than in the past. As Gepetto said in his post to expensive and nothing new is hitting anything that I don’t already have...

And yes it is hard enough to explain the hobby with out this hanging over our collective heads!

Cya
Hankster

As Jeff (Gepetto) has said, the hobby has, essentially gone in the toilet lately. However, most of us are lucky that we rode the crest of the wave in 1:6th WWII. We saw the best of the best from the major manufacturers, and the garage builders too. So, count yourselves lucky to have been there when it was tremendous fun to be in the hobby. Most of us have collections of really wonderful vehicles and figures with accessories that we can still get a thrill from.

I was scrolling thru the 1/6th listings yesterday evening, bidding on a couple of things, and there were a couple of other things that popped up.

A Stag Forest Prince (nude dude in only gold chains and antlers from Phicen) - of course, I immediately thought, "At least you could use him for a Renly Baratheon bash..." (if you're into GoT).

Then I saw a set of 1/6th vibrators. Yes. Can't even remember the name they had for it (direct from China, naturally).

If you've ever seen Grandma's Boy and what happens to a female BBI body...well, that was over a decade ago...I guess things have improved since (?), if you're into that kinda sorta thing.

Back