• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Japanese Type 95 light tank-scratchbuilt AFV

Tank Mechanic

Marksman
I decided to enter my Type 95.I finished most of it in 2006.The photos are also from then.It has a 1/2 in. square steel tube frame.The frame supports all of the running gear and R/C components.The R/C components are from a 21st Stuart.A fellow hobbyist gave me the running gear.The only parts (other than R/C parts) that I did not make were the main gun barrel(Hasbro 37mm) and tracks.There are 9 pics total.Walkaround 1
Walkaround1.jpg

Closeup 1
Walkaround1closeup.jpg

Walkaround 2
Walkaround2.jpg

Closeup 2
Walkaround2closeup.jpg

Walkaround 3
Walkaround3.jpg

Closeup 3
Walkaround3closeup.jpg

Walkaround 4
Walkaround4.jpg

Closeup 4
Walkaround4closeup.jpg

Walkaround 5
Walkaround5.jpg

It looks amazing! I don't think my staghound will be able to compare :D
What did you make the running gear from?
I can't wait to see all of the other entries as well.
Ben

Running gear was made from sheet styrene,plastic pipe and the "rubber tires" are vee-belts (fan belts) epoxied to the wheel rims which are made from the pipe.

Very nicely done.
And I thought the Canucks had it bad in Shermans against Tigers, sorta turns the tables up against an M4.

Geoff

Tracks came off a motorized toy tank.Actually took 3 of them to supply enough track.Close to correct,not an exact match.Width is off by 1/16 of an inch.

Hi Tank Mechanic.

Excellent work! It's nice to see a piece of Japanese armor. Especially when it's done so well.

Very nice.

kind regards

Tim

Back at you on a great job, Anyone who goes out and builds any AFV from scratch that no one has ever built is the Best in My book.
GB

Already posted so.................. another shameless bump!

Ha I have all the post!!

Na na nan na boo booo...............!!!

JC

This is such a unique and well done scratch build. It's one of those I keep coming back to look at again and again.

Tim

All my jap infantry is so jealous. So am I...Fantastic job You need to briing that baby down to St. Augustine beach this summer for Tarawa part 2.

So cool to see a project like this, we don't see many pieces of Japanese Armor, always a pleasure to see something different and unique :!: :!: :!:

Back