• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

July is "Name Your Price" Month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyrific

Company Commander
Hi Guys

I have close friend of 29 years that needs some help, although I am doing okay I do not have the fiances to help him. I need to make around $8000.00 before the end of July. More of this later.

To hopefully enable me to help him I am offering this deal. Simply put together a order of my parts that you would like, total it up and make me an offer that you are willing to pay. I could do a simple discount, but my experience in doing this in the past has not worked well.

Notes about this offer.
1. Order offers must be received by July 12.
2. Once I have all orders in I will select those I deem to be reasonable offers.
3. Once and even if I don't get enough orders to cover the money I need I will send invoice to those selected.
4. Priority of selection will be the largest orders with the best offers. Do not be put off by this, small orders may still be selected depending on total amount of the orders I receive.
5. Important: Payment for orders must be received by July 22 as my friend has a July 31 deadline.

My friends situation. His name is Jim Lines and we have been friends since 1984, over the last 4 years he has helped me stay in business suppling the parts that many of you use.

He currently owns a summer house on Lake Champlain in Yermont, this is where I spent my vacation last year. The house was built by his parents in 1950, who have recently past, he now owns the house outright, but not the land it is built on. The land is owned by the government. For the past few months he has had some bad luck and is not able to pay the land taxes, he has until July 31 to make the payment or the government will foreclose on the house and sell it to cover the taxes. The taxes are around $8000.00, but the house has a market value of around $300,000.00, one on the same beach recently sold for $325K. We all know how the government works, they don't care as long as they get paid.

If you can help me help my friend it will be very much appreciated

I apologize to those that may think this is inappropriate to post this here, but a friend is a friend and I need to do what I can for him. It is also my way of giving back a little to the loyal customers I have had over the last 10 years.

Here a few pictures of the view and house taken when I was on vacation last year.

vermont01.jpg

vermont02.jpg

vermont03.jpg

vermont04.jpg

vermont05.jpg

E-mail: toyrific@mindspring.com

Regards
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back