• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Kampfgruppe Von Abt - Tank Advance

Peter Shaw

Rifleman
There is a new Dio showing a column of Panzers passing through a ruined town in Winter. Please enjoy it on our Vonabt website.

You guys rock! Always good to see your work! Now I'm inspired to try to get outdoors and take some pics!

Another great shoot! I like the pics at the end showing everyone involved, it really gives the dio some perspective and an idea on how big they really are.

is it just me or does anyone else have 2 pics (each cut in half) as they scroll on the page enlarged?
The past few photo shoots have been this way for me, but all the older ones work fine, showing just 1 pic at a time on the page...?
Regardless, great work guys, just wish I could see the entire pic all in the same frame and not all cut up.

Always stunning! As ever, I love the attention to detail and the flow of the "story-telling". The slow reveal of all the detail is great! I like to see the behind-the-scenes shots as well.

is it just me or does anyone else have 2 pics (each cut in half) as they scroll on the page enlarged?
The past few photo shoots have been this way for me, but all the older ones work fine, showing just 1 pic at a time on the page...?
Regardless, great work guys, just wish I could see the entire pic all in the same frame and not all cut up.

Hi, let me know if anyone else has a problem, all the latest shoots and all of the 1:30th shoots are using a new album that no longer needs Adobe Flash to run, so that they can be viewed on mobile phones and tablets.

Also they are now much larger images than before and can be downloaded too.

We pestered Peter to do a tank shoot so I'm really glad you liked it!

I love this pic, makes me want to watch a Sunday afternoon war film

Advance_095_2.jpg

Love the behind the scenes pictures. I love to see how you make the magic happen. Great stuff once again. Thanks for all the hard work and keep it up. SHEP

Excellent dio! Luftwaffe ground forces is an interesting choice. As others have already said, I too love the "behind the scenes" pics showing how it all comes together.

Is hanging the messtin upside down on the breadbag a European thing? :-P

Steve

Last edited:
Back