• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Kit Build Sd Kfz 253 (Modified AH 250 kit)

veritasz34

Company Commander
A little while ago I started on one of the projects that was laying around. I made a 253 from the AH 250 kit. Reference was kind of here and there but my main reference was the line drawings in the schurtzenpanzer book.
To start this project off all screw holes and mounts were removed and filled. Factory hood and engine access areas were filled and new ones made. Factory visors were filled and replaced with more accurate ones. I used various parts that I have laying around. The ones made specific for this was the turrett and the side storage box. Here is a list of the parts that went on this.
Engine *
Radiator*
Air Cleaner*
Brake Light*
Convoy Light **
Jack Block*
Turn Indicators*
Fire Extinguisher*
Notek Light*
Head Light*
Visors**
Hood Tie Downs*
Tow Hitch*
Wheel Hubs*
Radios*
First Aid box *
Dash **
Transmission *
Side Storage box *
Turrett*
Umformer*
Tranny hub*

* denotes parts mastered,molded and cast by myself.

** denotes parts molded and cast by myself.

Although I had alot of parts cast for this project, I still had to do a little scratchbuilding here and there. The list of scratchbuilt parts are:
Tie Rod ends
Rear door section
Roof section
tow hooks
antenna
seats
Track tension device
Radio rack

I did use some aftermarket parts on this build. I used tool clamps from Armopax and decals from John's stuff.

290924891.jpg

Early on in build. Note weld lines added.

290924887.jpg

290924902.jpg

Rear section rework.

295356306.jpg

Radio rack and radio used in the interior.

352546679.jpg

352546684.jpg

352546697.jpg

352546671.jpg

352554668.jpg

interior shot.

352550018.jpg

Anyway,here it is. I had alot of fun building this. As always. Enjoy...

Very Nice, the mods you did were very nice and it shows in the finished vehicle. The 250 is still one of the best buys out there and the mods that can be made to it are many. Great Job!!
GB

I remember when you first previewed this. It's great to see it finished. I really like what you did. I don't know why but I've always found radio and command vehicles extra cool.

Tim

Way to stay in the game John. Glad your still working on vehicles.

It's been a long time my friend.

Very interesting hybrid, with lots of great details.
You went through the trouble of removing the "window frames" of the stock kit, and that alone for me makes a big difference. I was working on one of these about a year ago and abandoned it for a while. It is a very interesting vehicle that was used in many different ways once the original Stug command vehicle bit had passed it by.
A lot of scratchbuilt stuff as is you trademark!
Very nice!
E

Nice work veritasz34. It's good to see another version of the 250. Engine looks great!

regards
Tim

Hey John, nice project you've got going there! Love the interior shots. As always superoir work.

Mark.

Way cool vehicle John, you always come up with something interesting and different, love all the little details as well, the radio set up rocks :!: :!: :!:

Back