• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Kit Built Mid Production Tiger I

Kapernakis

Platoon Leader
This is an Armortek Mid Production Tiger. I have depicted it as being built in January 1944 and belonging to the Schwere Panzer Abteilung 507 and painted in a spring camo pattern.
The following parts were custom made by me : Front and Rear mudguards, side fenders, jack brackets (functional), loaders hatch, rear light, tow cable clamps and the track cable brackets.
I also modified the following parts : wheels, drivers armored visor, gun mantlet, turret air vent, loaders periscope guard, turret stowage bin, engine starter guide plate, exhaust, engine deck, escape hatch and the commanders cupola.
Aftermarket parts added were the tools and brackets, exhaust guards, engine deck screens, antennae, stowage bin latches, tow and track cables, C schakles, bosch light, gun travel lock (modified) and the fire extinguisher.
I used milliput for the zimmerit and applied it with a tool that I made, that was a very long and tedious job. The front mudguards were made from brass and made to the correct shape and attached/hinged like the real thing.

front.jpg
[/img]

rightside.jpg
[/img]

leftside.jpg
[/img]

rear-1.jpg
[/img]

34front.jpg
[/img]

34rear-1.jpg
[/img]

[img
frontfender-1.jpg
[/img]

34side.jpg
[/img]

[img
turretfront-1.jpg
[/img]

lodershatch.jpg
[/img]

That is one very NICE looking Tiger. The zimmerit is very well done. Sure wish I could afford one of those baby's. All the work is very well done. It looks so 1/1 in almost all the pictures.
Great Job!
GB

Another great entry.But it's German! (just kidding).The Zimmerrit must have been a real test of patientce.Not sure if I would tackle that.Beautiful job.Good luck.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Toysurgeon, yes it is RC that is were the mud on the tracks came from, I was running it in my yard a few days before I took the pictures.

Germanbilly1, from what I see of your halftrack you don't need an Armortek Tiger you could build one just as good.

Man that is one beautiful cat, very nice, so may details, especially like the way the tracks came out, naturally weather ay, great stuff dude :!: :!: :!:

Mmy favorite tank....EVER! Nothing else can touch it,and you have done a wonderful job on it. Wish there were more pics. : )
A stupid question,if I may? Why are the numbers done like that? With a big 3 and small 31. Just one of those things that nag at me,ya know?
GJ

Thanks for the link to the pics Mike. You really are talented,and I'm not just saying that to butter you and and get you to build my 250 for me! LOL ! ! ! I really mean it. Great work.
GJ

Back