• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Marder ll from PZ ll

Hammer Six

Company Commander
My very good friend Point Man made this conversion of a Marder ll from the desert version of DML's PZ ll. My contribution was buying parts needed, cost of the building materials and a DML "ELSE".

Mike is a real craftsman and I'm proud to be the owner.

Marder%20by%20Mike%204_zpsspags0me.jpg
[/UR[/IMG]

The center ammo container does raise and lower.

Point Man will be posting build pics at the SSCC club site and when he gets them up...will advise the group.

Looks good, I would love to splash a little paint from the air brush on something like this. You got a heck of a deal on this one.

Jeff (Geppetto):!:

Thanks Steve. Wish there were more close ups because it has a bunch of your parts on the inside like the tranny etc.

Jeff....that is just the base coat..... Point Man left to me to finish it out. And your right ..it was a great deal.

Point Man is a master when it comes to this type of 'work'. Once saw him take a Xacto knife and cut a straight piece about 12" long from a sheet of styrene without a straight edge and when I put it up the straight edge after, it was on the money.

Dick,
That's a nice addition and to your collection. Please include pics of your marder side by side with your other marder.

Many thanks Dave.

Alfonso...I need to do more detailing on this II including giving it a camo scheme before I can compare them. Have to wait for a break in weather in this hot and miserable part of the world (weather wise that is). Also have to do a build on a Marder l that I picked up in kit form this summer.

Folks....sorry I have to use big print but at my age sight for small print is an issue even with corrective lens'....

Looking good Dick, Mike does fantastic work. You both should be well pleased.
Looking forward to the camo and crew pix.

Scott

Man, this was one impressive piece to see in person last week at the club meeting!

Mike did a killer job on the build - check out his build page on the club website:

http://ssccohio.weebly.com/marder-ii-build.html

Dick - I know you'll do a bang up job finishing it out and crewing it up! Appreciate the kind words on the photos. If I knew you were going to post them on the boards, I'd have taken a few more for you.

Fred

Superb work and what an excellent way of utilising the DML Pz IIC. Will look much much better once detailed/weathered and crewed. Thanks for sharing, Steve

Back