• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Mike Stannard - Rest Well

pzrwest

Brigade Commander
Saw this on another forum posted by glueboy
Mike Stannard
I read this on the armortek forum

Re: Mike Stannard

by John Grima » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:56 am

With a heavy heart, I have to write that Mike has passed away several weeks ago from his illness. I was recently contacted and notified this information by an associate of his. I'm surprised that news of his passing has not trickled it's way to the 1/6 newsgroups, being that Mike was a prominent personality in the 1/6 industry. From what I was told there are no plans to continue business and his shop is currently locked down as the rent is past due.

I would just like to add that... Mike was a giant in the hobby, a very helpful and pleasurable person to communicate with, and who's eye for detail reflected in his offering which were / are second to none. He has left some big shoes to fill, and all of us in the hobby owe him thanks for the work he was able to contribute through the years. He will be sourly missed by all who have met or ever associated with him. My thoughts go out to his wife and family. May he rest in Peace...farewell.

Mikes.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I am speechless. Much of my hobby depended on his fantastic parts. A terrible loss for the hobby and for me. He was a great guy ! Rest in peace Mike. You are going to be missed and totally irreplaceable. Peace to his family. Goodbye Mike. A really sad day.

Does anyone have the obit?

Mods need to pin this in memorial. He did us good .

Last edited:

Very sad.
Mike was a true craftsman, pioneer in the hobby, and great supporter of this forum.
His presence will be sorely missed.

Rest in Peace Mike and thank you for all your help in my builds. Mike had stopped by the house several times to point out mistakes and put me on the right track. We will miss him very much for all his products and help.
Rest in Peace Mike,
Bill and Alexandra

Last edited:
Mike truely was a gentleman. I'll never forget when he lost everything to a fire and still managed to fullfill orders, despite having to start all over.

[FONT=&quot]Devastating news for WW2 1/6th community[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Let's hope his business will be taken over by 1/6th product business company in nearest future.
[/FONT]

Stunned!. What a terrible loss. My prayers for the family.

Make some parts for the big Guy up there Mike.......you are missed!

Truly sad news to hear. Mike was a very nice person to deal with and a Friend. My thoughts are with his family and close friends.
Rest in peace Mike.

Back