• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

New Project - Got tracks but not a tank

tankfan0720

Tanker
Since I'm great at starting projects and never finishing, I figured I'd post on another new project!

Can you guess what it is? Its got tracks but is not a tank.

Parts are all scratch made except tracks. Those are from DAS GIESSWERK in Germany. All 3D printed parts from Shapeways from my CAD models.

3D printed rims, rubber tires. Thanks to TigerTiki for the lovely tires!

Machined sprocket, 3D printed hub cab:

Bogey assembly, 3D printed frame, Alum wheels from TigerTiki, some machined parts, 3D metal printed parts, Mcmaster Carr springs, Machined ABS tires:

Bogey assembly; 3D printed frame mounting brackets, machined tube:

Tracks from Germany:

Cast Alum idlers from Tigertiki, 3D printed hub cap:

Another view of bogey assy:

Test fitting the bogeys, sprocket and idler to the tracks..

And last one...tracks with tire:

Till next time...

Thanks for looking fella's. Leonard you're spot on. Always loved the Opel trucks. An Opel with tracks is even better. More to show soon.
Best regards,
Bob

Back