• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Orange Is The Color Of The Day

Panzercommander HOH

Battalion Commander
ORANGE IS THE COLOR OF THE DAY

75 Years Ago Today - September 17th, 1944

"Flying into Holland we were above the Guards British Armored Division. Stretched out for miles were large and medium tanks with their supporting paraphernalia strung out behind. Looking ahead, I could see the orange panels atop them. This is to be our signal of the British forward line. All beyond that orange line is the enemy. Orange was the color of the day. It's Holland's national color. It was the color of the luminous panels atop Allied vehicles. It was the color of the smoke and panels set up by our pathfinders. It was the color of our friendly troop recognition scarves."

- First Lieutenant Henry Barnes, 326th Airborne Medical Company, 101st Airborne Division

Excerpted from Orange Is The Color Of The Day by Peter Hendrikx and Michel De Trez

Briefly commemorating the 75th anniversary of Operation Market Garden, I've kitbashed a 101st Airborne first lieutenant and a Dutch resistance fighter. The photos were taken at the Sixth Scale Collectors Club's September 2019 meeting as they were my show and tell for the month. Also pictured are my references used in working on these figures. Special thanks to Bob in The Netherlands for assistance on all things Dutch for this project and to Josh (JOSH51st) for his assistance, encouragement on this and many other projects as well as his friendship.

Thanks guys!

48752074733_b9ce265622_c.jpg

48752074553_fa77fd7134_c.jpg

48752073963_f7ef90bcba_c.jpg

48752401271_5f2be8506b_c.jpg

Very, very nice display! The Dutch resistance fighter has a great look to him. And the 1st LT is a well depicted OMG para. As always, enjoy your photos. :!:

Great stuff Fred,

The brave Dutch Resistance are one of those groups often left out of the 'MARKET GARDEN' story and you've represented them very well here particularly with the smaller details. Whilst the American paras utilised their knowledge (and equipped them where possible with weapons) during the Operation, the Brits were somewhat more sceptical due to recent issues they'd had with double-agents, collaborators and such and chose to largely ignore ('til it was too late) any intel they offered. Cheers for sharing, Steve

Dan, Jamie, Kev, Peter, and Steve - thank you!

Much the compliments are much appreciated!

Steve - I'm thinking about doing a few more Dutch resistance figures for some larger Operation Market Garden projects. This guy was the first. Hopefully more to come!

Thanks guys!

Fred

Back