• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Pak-36 walk-around

Pzer 2

Marksman
Hi guys Panzer 2 turrets and welds has been done. More on the tank later. I found some old pictures of Pak 36 a mate of mine has. I took scanned some pictures of it and i hope they may help with the 6th scale Dragon version. I have to say the Pak is quite uncomplicated considering how the German love to over engineer everything. The PAK came from Finland and was left there when the war ended, along with the Stugs and Panzer 4s. We came close to buying a STUG but the cost and legal issues was to much at the time, hence the PAK was purchased instead. Two PAK 38 were also available but were in poor condition. I will post the Panzer 2 turret ans other updates soon. Cheers Steve

Attachments

• Scan-1.jpg
    Scan-1.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 246
  • Scan-b.jpg
    Scan-b.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Scan-c.jpg
    Scan-c.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Scan-d.jpg
    Scan-d.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Scan-f.jpg
    Scan-f.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 158
Re: Pak-36

Awesome! I have heard some comments that the trails on the Dragon kit are too long, but I don't have any hard measurements to check against. If some time in the future you have access to the gun again, I would greatly appreciate a measurement or two. Also some close up photos of the inside of the sight storage box on the shield would be great!
You do excellent work and I thank you for taking the time to share your photos.

Hay guys, thanks for you comments.

The pictures of the pak are a few I have and may find some more if im lucky, I will post them . He later purchased a Flak 38 and I didn't get pictures of that.

These pictures are from the 1990s so they will all be on paper, so the detail will be a bit out .

I have no idea on the Dragon pak issues , but would expect the trail arm lenght is on record from many web sites. If not I would get a picture of a pak , scale it up to 6th scale and use 3 points of triangulation on 3 known parts of the trail against that picture use as the example.

I dont have access to the gun any more so getting new pictures is out of the question, unless I go for a holiday and see him.

I also had a few items of British stuff such as 3x 3inch mortors in cases , PIAT and round and brit knee mortor all with parts and spares.
I will post the pictures as soon as i find them.

Cheers

Great pictures. Everyone should have one of those guarding their man-cave :p
Imagine your neighbor having one of those and pointing toward your house every time they open the garage door :eek:

Xacto, I took incremental measurements of the trailing arms ages ago and you're right, the legs are too long.
The kit legs measure (from the shovels to the pivot housing) 263mm whereas the real one is just under 189mm. They're only marginally oversized in diameter. 12mm as opposed to 11.5mm.
Reckon that the carriage and suspension/ axles are a bigger issue with the kit though.
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Allan

Here's a couple of photos of the storage cases mounted to the shields.
Left side shield

Front shield. Would be interested to know what the correct interior layout is for this as I don't think where the Zf 1 X 11 is placed here is correct and what other items are supposed to be in there. I have one of these sights if you want the dimensions to work out those of the cabinet.

Cheers
Allan

Back