• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Project - 'Currahee' - the lost scene

SteveKrieg

Company Commander
G'day all,

For those not familiar with the series of Project 'Currahee' threads from last year, I had put together 20 dioramas covering the U.S. 101st 'Screaming Eagles' airborne division during their time in Normandy, however; only 19 vignettes went in as some of the parts required for Scene 2 'Saddle-Up' had not arrived in time (appearing in my mailbox two weeks after the show). Though the diorama was not on show, I had the adjoining information panel there for all to read with an apology for the lack of figures to illustrate the scene.

Deciding to take a small break from this year's Project 'Wehrmacht on the move', I thought I'd complete the scene thus completing the series from last year. 'Saddle-up' is a term used by U.S. paras to...well...gear-up...donning the wherewithal to jump into Nazi-occupied France and the equipment to then fight it out with the German coastal units.

When 'saddling-up' paras work in pairs (and still do) in order to ensure the paratrooper's equipment is checked for proper snug fitting and that all the equipment worn under is secured just so in order to avoid as best as possible any snags when the chute deploys, when done so, the trooper he assisted then assists him likewise. Working in pairs speeds-up the process given it is awkward to fit and check your own gear.

For Normandy, every aircraft had a 'jumpmaster' or 'stick' commander - normally the senior ranking amongst the paratroopers on the plane - in this case a 1st lieutenant in-charge of stick '25' (the C47 also so labelled to avoid confusion in aircraft allocation) as indicated by the cardboard sign around his neck. His role to ensure all those under his charge are good to jump prior to boarding before he himself is helped into his rig. Back to this year's efforts, enjoy, Steve

Attachments

• 170766854.jpg
    170766854.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 170766853.jpg
    170766853.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 170766852.jpg
    170766852.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 170766851.jpg
    170766851.jpg