• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Project - DAK - Pz IIF

SteveKrieg

Company Commander
G'day all,

Next cab off the DAK rank - a DML kit-form Panzer IIC which tanks...er...thanks to Field of Armor I plan to turn into a Panzer IIF which will be enhanced somewhat by researching a range of books I have on the Panzer II from the likes of Schiffer, Tankograd and Panzertracts in order to get the detailing right.

The kit-form model I had picked up rather cheaply some years back without really knowing what I'd do with it given I already had four Pz IIB's and a 'C' and with space a premium never actually thought that far ahead as the discount in price was too hard to say 'no' to...until recently. It's one of three kit-forms that'll feature in the DAK series of dioramas this year (the others being the FoA Flak 36/37 and DML PAK38).

Whilst, like all other Panzer II's from the A,B,C model onwards, there were modifications befitting largely enhancements to armour and armament (noting the drive train remained the same and was increasingly under the relevant weight pressures) the Panzer IIF also benefitted from a squared-off front visor (one of which was a fake to draw-off enemy fire), additional crew stowage bins to the mudguards and a difference in the layout of tools so over-all should be a nice addition to my Panzer II fleet.

Like the DML pre-assembled Pz IIC seen in the pics - which I dusted off for comparison and clean-up as it'll feature alongside the 'F' in a fuel dump scene (covering Rommel's supply issues) - I'll make an additional jerrycan stowage rack and taking lesson's learned since the 'C' featured in my inaugural 2013 DAK diorama, I plan to go over some areas in order to refine detail. The 'C' will also be retrofitted with a length of spare track now that I have spare available and the 'F' will also have a spare roadwheel attached. Markings TBA.

The Panzer II was of course a tank of limited value to the point that it was largely relegated to reconnaissance and HQ protection by the DAK rather than as a tank-on-tank weapon (that role given to the Pz III/IV in order to balance the armoured nature of the desert war).

The model: like all DML kit-forms, it has - to date - gone together pretty well and the instruction much like that of a 1/35th kit (which I suspect is based off). There were strangely enough some double up of parts, turret and bogies. Like any tank model, it's best to get the most labor-intensive part out of the way first - the wheels and track as I'm keen to get into the mods and the detailing (I'm pretty sure when I'm all done this year that I'll be fed-up with panzergrau and light sand) with the aim of finishing this one by end of March (I've been fortunate with time of late) before cracking on to the Flak 36/37 which despite all the other models will no doubt catch the visitors eye given its reputation...anyway, I've prattled-on enough - enjoy and more progress pics to follow as applicable, Steve

Attachments

• 171390830.jpg
    171390830.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 171390831.jpg
    171390831.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 171390832.jpg
    171390832.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 171390833.jpg
    171390833.jpg