• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Project - 'Wehrmacht on the Move' - Kubelwagen

SteveKrieg

Company Commander
G'day all,

Whilst working on the Horch w/Flak38, the preliminary basecoat and camo. I decided to bring out the next model for this year's project in order to save some time given both require airbrush for the camo patterns to be applied. The all-metal Kubelwagen from Qiashou is not a bad little model though the engine bay could use some sprucing up the folding canvas-framed cover and opening storage bay behind the rear seat more than makes up for the engine shortfalls (something I can probably fix anyway).

The camo pattern I got of 'mig' 'Waffen-SS Colors' - a Camouflage pattern guide representing a kubel of the 12th W-SS Division 'Hitlerjugend' vic. Normandy 1944.

With the camo now done on both vehicles, it's back to the Horch. Enjoy, Steve

Attachments

• 170897914.jpg
    170897914.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 170897915.jpg
    170897915.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 170897916.jpg
    170897916.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 41
  • 170897917.jpg
    170897917.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 170897918.jpg
    170897918.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 63
G'day all,

Just a quick one regarding the all-metal Kubelwagen. I'm now well into completing the model save for some additional weathering/detailing this one's been a joy to render albeit the accuracy in what variant of the Kubel it be given it has early, intermediate and late-war features eg early variant engine and protective rear under pan, intermediate rear-view mirror and direction indicators and late-war front/rear bumper bars being the most noticeable. Regardless, it's coming up nicely.

I wondered how many Kubelwagens I actually had so thought I'd amass them all with the most recent out front. For those that are in the know you'll notice they're all pre-assembled DML or CHE types with one kit-form and whilst some have been brought up-to-speed there are still several that I plan to redo and the ambulance variant might be next on the cards. Some of the Kubels I bought when first released, a couple second-hand, and a couple of others 'orphaned'.

I should have completed pics of the current all-metal in a week or so.

Enjoy, Steve

Attachments

• 171246701.jpg
    171246701.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 171246699.jpg
    171246699.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 171246700.jpg
    171246700.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 37
Wow, great collection of Kubels you have Steve! You must have a serious size mancave for all the stuff you own.

"I wondered how many Kubelwagens I actually had". How many people can say that? That's a lot of Kubels! Neat collection. I like your latest paint job - looks great.
B

Cheers muchly all,

As for where I keep them, it really is a game of 'Tetris' these days and I've had to face some hard facts with regards to perhaps letting some go within the next few months, predominantly some of those used in previous model shows I've done which I've no plans to reshow and some boxed figures which I bought as spares but haven't used (a muster to follow). I plan to start the FOA Flak 36/37 early next year so need to find space for the assembled model and the shelving it indeed at a premium as it is.

As for Kubels, I plan to redo the white-wash variant and the two ambulance types. Half of those seen in the pic I bought second-hand off one-time collectors who had to sell in favour of life's other money-absorbing hobbies (having kids and such).

Cheers, Steve

Back