• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Rommel in Black

SLICK7

Company Commander
Sometime back there was a brief discussion regarding Erwin Rommel in a blank Panzer Division uniform. Nobody could recall ever seeing a photo of him in that type of uniform. Until now...

erommelblkuniform017bw.jpg

erommelblkuniform010bw.jpg

erommelblkuniform006.jpg

erommelblkuniform008.jpg

erommelblkuniform011.jpg

erommelblkuniform012.jpg

erommelblkuniform009.jpg

erommelblkuniform016.jpg

erommelblkuniform019.jpg

Feedback would be greatly appreciated. And, as always, thanks for looking. SLICK

Nice try. He was never associated with the Panzer Troope directly as an officer, only as a commander of the overall Armee Korps.

Nice try. He was never associated with the Panzer Troope directly as an officer, only as a commander of the overall Armee Korps.

Actually, he was the commander of the 7th Panzer Division from February 15th 1940 through February 6th, 1941, including during their fighting in Belgium and France. It wasn't until February 1941 that he was promoted and appointed as commander of an army corps (the Afrika Korps).

But even when he was directly commanding a Panzer Division, it's unlikely that he ever wore a panzer wrap, and there are no photographs of him in one.

Last edited:

Exactly, A real person fictionally displayed in the wonderful, no-bars-hold world of 1/6 bashing and mashing. LOL Slick

I'm building some vehicles and have been putting some figures together for a while now. Hoping later tonight to finish 'em up and you can be sure I'll be using your pics as a reference. Thank you for sharing.

John

I did a lot of research into Rommel for both my 'Afrika Korps' and recent 'Battle of France' dioramas and, for France in-particular, I was keen to have the man with the plan in the uniform of the Panzertruppen (given his command of an armoured formation but then also noting that he was an infantry officer by trade) - I could find no period pics (out of the many I scoured) of him in such a uniform to back the idea.

Despite that he may not have worn such a uniform - he does cut a nice figure in one and you're interpretation comes up very nicely. Cheers, Steve

He does look great in the Panzer Black. It one of those deals like: "If it wasn't that way, it should have been". Real nicely done figure.

Agree what was mentioned in terms of accuracy, but figure looks good.
A note on the IC First Class, it is sideways.

very well done if he didn't wear it I think he should have! its nice being able to make what ever you want in the wonderful world of 1/6 isn't it? Please keep sharing!!!

There was a WWI medal bar posted on WAF in the WWI German medals and badges section where the suspension loop was on the bottom of the cross so the cross was upside down when viewed. It wasn't soldered on by the owner but came that way from the maker

Back