• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

SdKfz 250 Project

ROB48

Company Commander
OK guys, I've started a new project. I'm not really doing too many things that others haven't already done, but I do have a few new ones. I bought mine years ago when they first came out, but haven't done much to it since. Some of you may remember that I did my PAK and flak a while back. I got furloughed last year due to the virus then I was laid off. It didn't matter to me since I had planned on retiring any way. I was going to start working on this then all of a sudden my 85 year old mother decides to buy a new house and needs to have it remodeled. My brother-in-law and I gutted the entire house and basically started from scratch building a new home for her. We just finished about two weeks ago so that has given me time to get back into 1/6th stuff. So here goes. I started with the gearbox:

Thanks guys. Continuing with the gearbox. This is one of the Armorpax gearboxes. I did some extensive cutting and added some things. Looking at it from the sides and rear, you won't notice that I only cut out certain parts once it has been installed..

Finished the tow hitch and engine grills. I have had the light grey tow hitch for quite some time. I think it is from Sixth Scale Icons. I have added a few upgrades to it. I also finished the cut outs for the visors.

Last edited:
Sorry guys. Took a little break to go watch my brother's grandson play a baseball tournament in Tennessee. Did some work on the rear door, medical box, and medical box holder. I removed the rear window and the ridge that runs along the inside of the door. The door handle should have a slight curve in it, also. I also added some strips to the door hinges to offset them because I filled in the openings on the inside of the back wall. The doors would not open properly unless the hinges set out a little.

Last edited:
Sorry it took so long to post these. Been having troubles with my server.

I have finished the Troop seat stowage bin. The handles are from Armorpax. Will start on the troop seat.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention - one of the first things I did was to cut off the fender tabs and fill the holes. I left some of the tabs in place because I didn't want to depend solely on glue to keep things together. I left the front two (I'm not going to do an engine build so they won't be seen anyway). I also left the right rear one (this one will also not be seen). I left one under the stowage bin/back rest for the troop seat. I added tabs under the bin to keep it level.

Thank you, Fred. I've still been busy making parts, I just forgot to post some. Here are a few more.

Here are a few shots of the bottom part of the troop seat.

I glued the blocks in the corners to help keep the seat square. The bottom of the real seat actually opens up, but I'm not going to do that.

This is the box that is mounted on the rear behind the inner storage cabinet, below the MG mount. I'm assuming it is a maintenance kit for the machine gun.

Last edited:
Sorry this is taking so long. I'm also trying to finish building a deck for my house. My brother also came to visit me from North Carolina for the 4th of July holiday. Here are shots of the MG mount and the radio bracket. I bought the radio from Mike Stannard before his passing. The two gray parts on the MG mount are from a German tripod model kit from Dragon.

Last edited:
Back