• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

The Defense of Cagny, Paying the Price Part 2

viaad

Hey everyone,
Here is the second part of the Dio shoot. The theme of this part will focus more on the aid station and the treating of the wounded.

July 19 1944
Normandy Front
Panzer Group West
LXXXVI Corps
21st Panzer Division
I/125th Panzergrenadier
Kampfgruppe Von Luck
I/125th Panzergrenadier
Area of Cagny

The last two days have been harrowing. KG Von Luck is being pulled out of the line to refit. The KG has earned itself a bit of rest. Yesterday morning the area was carpet bombed then hit with a heavy barrage that inflicted a great deal of casualties before an allied armored division rolled through the unit's position inflicting even more casualties. The second battalion seemed to fare no better.

As the Kampfgruppe pulls out attention is given to the wounded. The more serious cases have already been brought to the aid station. Doctors and nurses work non stop to treat the living and care for the dying. The medical staff is wearing down. The casualties have been pouring in for the past six weeks and the number only seems to increase with each passing day. Chaplains work nonstop and provide what last comfort they can. Outside the aid station is for the less serious cases. Doctors make the decision has to who is priority while nurses and medics do all they can. Even the animals need treating as they are not exempt from becoming casualties themselves.

IMG_8603_zps47e06a2f.jpg

IMG_8715_zpscf274e7f.jpg

IMG_8693_zps192c34b2.jpg

IMG_8676_zps6671ebb4.jpg

IMG_8671_zps10d9a71b.jpg

IMG_8684_zpsde322695.jpg

IMG_8662_zps1ee06373.jpg

IMG_8679_zpsa3d3020b.jpg

IMG_8652_zps3f40ff5e.jpg

19abdb0c-e73b-4316-88a1-9f97449e9277_zps87e3e4f6.jpg

IMG_8681_zpsa7f05dc5.jpg

IMG_8666_zps104b08b9.jpg

IMG_8537_zps3a15ecbd.jpg

IMG_8555_zps46b2a028.jpg

IMG_8556_zpsc8bac30e.jpg

IMG_8547_zps06c65ffe.jpg

Last edited:
...again...outstanding "photo story" with top quality photos & FX.
They just "pick you up, and place you right in the scene" with them.
Great job!....I hope there will be more soon....

Outstanding! So many little added details, makes it feel like your there. Great use of camera angles and figure posing.

The nurse belongs to Bryon J. He was the inspiration for the aid station. He had the church and Chuck had a few of the other rare pieces. This was a very fun dio to shoot despite several issues that came up during the shoot and afterwards.

Back