• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

The Store on 44/ Tony's Toys

Johnny Canuck

Battalion Commander
Well I finally talked to Tony at Tony's Toys and I'm told that the items I ordered will be shipped.
I ordered the items April 26, 2007 and sent the shipping payment promptly on May 1st when it was requested. It has taken May, June and half of July before they responded and I had to constantly chase them.
Pathetic.

You know what, maybe Tony a real nice guy and if you go on down to his store personally, maybe you get some great service. Or if you go to the Ebay store things will work out for you.
But. if you order through the internet website, you're taking your chances.
Emails ignored, emails bounced back, phone calls rushed because they're getting ready to close, calls not returned, the constant busy signal, I have to pay long distance charges to straighten it out(twice). The management tells me they don't check the email from the site. You know what I don't need this crap.

So if I were you I'd steer clear of the website, it's not maintained and is very poorly run.

Geoff Truscott

Johnny Canuck";p="89985 said:
The management tells me they don't check the email from the site. You know what I don't need this crap.

That makes no sense - why have a site if you're not going to even check your email. :(

I've dealt with Tony's Toys and never had a problem, but it was on Ebay. But unprofessionalism has a way of spilling over, and I will stear clear from now on.

Thanks for the heads up.

K.

Finally received the figures from Aprils order in July.
Didn't need all the excuses and I recommended to him that perhaps he should consider closing the internet store if he doesn't maintain it and the Ebay thing uses up all his time.

I prefer to buy from him when I buy my figures off ebay. But I use his eBay store, not his website. His prices are fair, and his shipping is amazingly fast. I normally recieve my items within 5 days after he recieves my payment. I continually come back to his eBay store because of his fast shipping. I'm sorry you had problems with Tony's Toys, but I have to vouch for him.

I still have nothing from these guys, on the Dodge command car I bought, It shipped broken, I had paid insurance. Filled out loads of forms and still heared nothing , nor seen any pay out. They do not answer you.

It is very poor , & I should have had the insurance pay out by now.

It simply is not good enough. would not surprise me if they hadn't kept the insurance money ? instead of forwarding it on to me ??

watch you you deal with I guess ?? :s

i've ordered from tony in the past
and i usually call in my order and had no problems.
shipping is quick but i live in NYC and he's in Mass. so that would explain that.
never used their site for orders...if there's something i want i call and see if they got...usually they do.

I've only dealt with him on ebay. He, along with Peapieandpecks and some others, are who I go to when looking for new stuff. Shipping is literally 4 days from order to receipt. I guess he's become too entrenched with ebay that everything else has become...well, everything else. Not an excuse, I can't offer one, and not even a good explanation. Very sorry to hear this.

Totally Disagree

I have ordered on numerous occasions from Tony and have never had a problem with him. As a matter of fact he ships sooner than most. I think you may want to use E-Bay with this E-tailer as I have recieved reply e-mails thru e-bay the same day. I for one will continue to shop with him.

The point of this now 2 year old post was don't order from the internet website. Unless you're a fool!

Bronson hit it about right, decent prices, slow shipping and lame communication skills.

This is the internet WHY SHOULD I USE A PHONE?

Ebay seems to be the way to go, their rules force action, or................ use the phone neanderthal.

I will never reorder from someone that ...........'s me around like this. Never, Ever!

Not all sales go well, this one nosedived, I did nothing wrong, yet get jerked. No thanks.

Back