• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Tonys Toys Store on 44 Breakages & Insurance issues

joe brown

Rifleman

:@ what can I say ? :@ I bought a Dodge from them Dec 06. Paid insurance for shipping. It arrived Feb 07, with breakages. :@ It was abused in the post :@
I contacted my local post service in UK, paypal, US post & STORE ON 44. Have filled out loads of forms & sent to US / UK post & store on 44 in last months. No reply on this , 44 were supposed to be dealing . I trusted them in good faith :@ Have e mailed store on 44 last month asking Wot are you doing & where is my insurance pay out ? I had e mail from the LADY THERE SAYING ,HE WAS AWAY & WOULD GET BACK TO ME ??. :@ Bull Dust ! :@ I have no word from them again over a month & no pay out on insurance yet ? They just giving me the run round & long periods of silence ? :evil: can anyone help me. :s

Also does anyone have any spares I can buy / trade to fix the dodge Command Car. Its A 21st C 1/6th. I need complete drivers side mirror assembly & the MG cradle / Mount that fits onto top the the mg post on the passenger side. There's other bits , but trying to fix them myself. I held off fixing as was waiting on insurance etc.

Failing that, can anyone please advise on or help me in casting some spares in plastic or resin ?
Any help appreciated ;)

Joe B :!:

Not being really sure how insurance works when it's purchased through the Post Office by the seller, but what does the seller have to do with any claims after it's shipped?? Isn't it a problem between the buyer and the Post Office seeing how the Post Office is the issuer of the insurance?

I'd be interested in hearing what other On-Line dealers have to say and how they handle this kind of situation.

I will be at Tony's Toy's tomorrow and will mention this problem with Tony directly, as long as he is at the store.

I will post his reply tomorrow night for you.

I had the same type of thing happen to me (not with Tony) my kubes came damaged and it was a fight at first with the post office. They always first blame the seller/shipper for not packing the box correct or for using the wrong tape and such bull like that. my case came down to the fact that the pictures in the eBay listing showed both boxes had damage before they were shipped and the seller insured both boxes but denied it!! she ended up giving me a full refund in the end because of the fraud threat I used. But after dealing with the post office I do see some of the point they were making about taking the time to pack the box right the first time so If Tony did a good job packing is it his fault? I would say no but im not saying the post office did their best either because the last claim I had with them was over a crushed box and that box had a boot print right in the middle of it. If the insurance was taken out with the post office then they are the ones that should be responsible for making good on the claim...........good luck

Unfortunetly, Tony is indeed on vacation so I can shed no further light on this for you at this time other than that the young lady that was working today said that all the claim forms have been filed with the Post Office and copies of that paper work has been sent to you.

:D Thanks for this, yes I have filled out lots of forms , sent UK & stateside ? but no reply & a yes! we will honour the insurance ? :s

Tony Had packed it OK , :!: I feel the handlers / post are at fault as
the package , heck ... crate had been thrown about. It was weighty & strong, but they still dammaged the box & the goods ? :@

I would have expected a response & some service by now , as I have paid for the insurance ! to pay out ? if this does happen.
Th einsurance is paid to seller by customer, the seller buys / pais for the post , so it is the seller who has bought it , but customer has paid for it.
It is stated in postal costs & you pay extra for insurance service etc.

Issue it raises for us all is ... is there any point & are buyers & sellers being ripped off by post office ? :evil:
This puts sellers in a bad light too as it may well , not be their fault , but as goods come from them , looks bad. So the sellers are not getting a good service from the Post Office either. In fact it harms their good reputation. :s

How much trade does the post office get from us all collectively ? quite a chunk I guess. I / we would expect more care & service from them.
Especially when it goes wrong, as that is a true measure of their service , in that ... how well do they sort it out if it do go pear shape'd . so far not good at all ! :@ some communication from Tony & the P/Office would help. I just want issues put right :s

I will keep you posted on progress & if you can speak to Tony , that would be great . Please ask him to contact me.
Cheers Joe B :!:

Back