• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Trailer for movie about Marwen (col)

Hope the movie does good. I also hope it may increase long term interest in the 1/6th hobby. Bring new members or the return of old members. A reach, perhaps, but return of DML and their figures and vehicles.

Last edited:
Both on my watch list now with some great actors. Thanks for the heads up :!:

Just downloading Marwencal too which I'd never heard of.

Thanks

Last edited:
The movie is coming out this weekend in Northern Cal. Planning on seeing it this Friday night.

I wonder if DID or some one else (not many companies left) will produce 12" figures of the 12" figures.

Now that I'm thinking of it, it would be intriguing to make a set of the figures used for Marwen. One looks like a cy girl and another is the female Russian sniper. Any idea on the others?

Leonard
RTT

Last edited:
Hoping to see Welcome to Marwen sometime this week or next.

Don't forget, all of Mark's original Marwencol story is on Greenleader's Ultimate Soldier Unofficial Fan Page (along with a lot of other stuff, if you're looking for a blast from the past!):

http://www.ultimatesoldier.net

Fred

Didn't realize the Ultimate Soldier site was still up. Haven't used it in a long time and glad to see it's still there.
Where is the link to the Marwencol photos?

Thanks
Leonard

LOL, Lenard, Mark/Hogie sent GL hundreds of separate installments for Marwencol.

You'll have to go through the photo section to find them yourself.

Fred

Back