• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Upgrading the MP44 pouches.

montañes

Tanker
Hello mates,

Time to a new tutorial, this time, the MP44 pouches. I hope the photos taken will be good enough and show all the steps of the process.

1.- Toys City MP44 pouches as they are.

dscf0742.jpg

2.- With scissors, tweezers and the x-acto we dismount and clean the pouches. And this is what we get.

dscf0748q.jpg

3.- We washed the pouches with a mix of tupertine and oil paint (raw umber). I use a medium/large flat brush.

Before.

dscf0750.jpg

Washed and drying.

dscf0749d.jpg

Side by side, right one untouch.

dscf0751t.jpg

Finished the left one, right one still untouch.

dscf0757p.jpg

4.- Straps of the loose box, after ironing and dyed with the mix used before.

dscf0758.jpg

5.- Cut at the lenght needed.

dscf0759.jpg

6.- Straps glued in position in an styrene strip.

dscf0760p.jpg

dscf0761p.jpg

7.- Straps glued in place and end of the straps cut in the proper shape.

dscf0762.jpg

8.- Rescue from the past, Historex die and puch set will help us a lot to make the leather circles where the buttons of the straps were attached.

dscf0764f.jpg

9.- We use pin heads to make the strap buttons.

dscf0765.jpg

10.- We add the waist strap to the right pouches.

dscf0767p.jpg

11.- Button added to the cleaning tools pouch.

dscf0769a.jpg

12. Several views of both pouches hanging in place. All the metal fittings were painted in silver. Also you can see the strap with the buckle added to the left pouches to adjust the waist strap.

dscf0937s.jpg

dscf0938m.jpg

dscf0939.jpg

dscf0940x.jpg

dscf0941s.jpg

hope you find this tutorial helpful, thanks for viewing.

Michigan Dawg and Dougmo, this is for you !!! (and more to come........)

Jaime. :!:

Looks real good, Jaime: a big improvement over the stock pouches.
Here's another thought: you can use golfer's lead tape for the metal tab endings to your straps. It's metal - lead - it has a great adhesive on it and it's easy to cut. I've used that tape many times-

Dougmo";p="153264 said:
Looks real good, Jaime: a big improvement over the stock pouches.
Here's another thought: you can use golfer's lead tape for the metal tab endings to your straps. It's metal - lead - it has a great adhesive on it and it's easy to cut. I've used that tape many times-

Cool tip - never new that stuff existed.

Nicely done. I always love to see people customizing instead of just kit bashing. My only suggestion would be to do a raw umber wash on the web straps but other than that it looks terrific.
Where did you get the metal fittings on the suspenders? Thanks,

-Kevin

Hello folks,

Many thanks for your kind word, I appreciate your time and I hope the tutorial will be useful.

Hello Doug,
Great tip ! Be sure, I will try it.

Hello Kevin,
The suspenders are from Bbi, produced 6-7 years ago and still a gem.

Jaime.

Back