• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

US Jeep Radio

Is there a market for this item?

I have been contemplating making one, Being that I own the real deal and getting it to scale would be a piece of cake. I already have the mp-48 antenna base made and for sale. If I could sell enough to pay for the tooling I would make them. BC-659

DSC01823.JPG

62DSC01163.JPG

62scan0001.jpg

This is what you are looking for? This is the most common radio found in jeeps. but there were many more that were used.

Hi, SOTW made a radio for there Jeeps and the Radio pictured I have in 1/6th as well it actually comes from Hasbro and was included with one of thier last 1/6 figures MOH winner John Fox.

Here is a link to the original post.

Hasbro W.W.II US Radio

As you can see Hasbro did a decent job and with just a little work it can be a great piece.

I also have the SOTW radio but no pics right now.

Yeah, I definitly would like one.

John, do you know if there is anywhere I can get a hold of the SOTW or Hasbro radio?

:S

The radio that comes with the SOTW Jeep is a Viet Nam era 524 (full system being an AN/VRC 46). A radio that I became quite familiar with during my time with the Army in the mid 70's.

Yes there is a market. Bean used to make them many years ago, they are hard to come by. If you make them and they come out as good as your Stuart barrels I will gladly buy some!

Cheers
Dave

I would like to see these radios maded availble, as I have a few US vehicles that could use one in each. Question for you on the picture of the real one in your jeep. What is the boc that is mounted directly under the radio? Is it a power converter or something like that?
Thanks!

Back