• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

War pigs

Slick, I have not seen it yet, but it is on my list of things to do....It appears from the trailers that it is a rehash of the ever famous "we need you bad news bears, rogue, outlaws to do a special mission for us" film...however it is a WWII film, and not another "we are rainbow, and you need to accept us" movie...

Personally, I enjoy the low budget war films much better than the big over produced, over rated, over paid Hollywood mega-hype films.

I enjoy the fact that people are helping keep history alive!...and that no matter how poor the story line, they get off their butt and try....it shows drive, desire, dedication, skill, want, the list goes on and on, versus a "critic" that sits on his ass and nit-picks....That takes a lot of "skill" huh?

In fact, of the last 50 or so war movies I have seen in the past year, among my top 5 is the Saints & Soldiers series...low budget, no big stars, but just great enjoyable war films with a positive message/story.

...this is just my2 cents...

The trailer looked cheesy. But when it comes to war flicks, cheesy is fine by me. The plot is secondary for me. I like checking out the accuracy of the uniforms and I'm always looking for a new dio inspiration.

be nice guys, I play in it... for about 20 seconds

Cool (LOL, unless u were a dead body laying in the background somewhere). Can u be more specific? Do u have a screen shot of urself that u can post?

Slick, if it’s the uniforms and dio inspiration then you can do no better than books or second best the internet there are thousands of pictures out there from the time period, films really are not the best places for research.

I have watched a few decent war films recently which are rather good, White Tiger the story line and the tank scenes are excellent though the Tiger is abysmal, Stalingrad 2013 another Russian film excellent CGI the story is very good, no overpaid indestructible heroes will you find in these films.

War films made in the UK (with UK designers & crew) are generally the best when it comes to authenticity; but sometimes the budget intrudes on that. American-made war films are not as good over all, as they have a tendency to think that the audience will "Never know the difference".

Of course it is possible to have everything just perfect, but some person in the audience will notice something in the background that isn't correct, and condemn the entire film. Filmmakers can't afford to have "hero" level uniforms and vehicles in the background, out-of-focus areas of every shot, so they do their best with the budget they have.

BUT, if the script sucks, then it doesn't matter if every medal on every uniform is correct - the film still sucks.

my "claim to fame" is at 1:08 minutes on this trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT80LldYkSE

Putting a 1944 German uniform on a former French officer was a heart breaker... but my BMW R71 sidecar was rented for this flick and I came as a free extra! "papieren bitte"

So...Is this you?

loic.jpg

Yes it's my 10-sec of fame! Hard to see myself in a German uniform. No offense to the Wehrmacht. My grandpa was captured by Rommel "Ghost Division" on his brilliant swing between the French and British armies.

If you really want to see "my humble self" in movies, rent "Saints & Soldiers, Airborne Creed". I have a lot more screen presence! And I feel better in the "French Resistance" with my own father's "Chasseur Alpin" beret and fully working MP40!! (he served as an officer in the Algerian war, on the French side obviously)

My niece is next to me with the Russian sniper rifle

image0011-600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Totally awesome. I'll have to rent that movie. Now I know really who DiD modeled Pierre after. LOL

Back