• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Zulu - Hi Everybody

Zulu

Rifleman
Hi everyone, my name is Paul and I hope to join this hobby in the very immediate future. I decided to join this board because there seems to be so much feedback on here and it can only help.

A few things about me:
-20 year old college student.
-Former/current hobbies: car modding, fashion. (This hobby, though definitely not cheap, is a little more economical than the aforementioned.)
-Fluent in German.
-Live in So Cal (very close to some excellent 1:6 retailers).

I am most interested in the German figures of the latter part of the war. Wehrmacht, SS, Luftwaffe Felddivisionen, Feldgendarmerie, Fallschirmjaeger are my favorites. My interest in these figures was sparked by the Men-at-arms series by Osprey because of all the detailed pictures of different uniform configurations. With an actual figure, the possibilities are endless!

I never knew how complex this could get with customized clothing, headsculpts, weathering, 1:6 vehicles. It's quite impressive.

I do not have any figures yet but I am looking at the SS Sturmpionier "Reinhardt Witt" by DID which is sold by a retailer near me. They also carry some Toys City accesories so I might look into those as well.

Hello to everyone! I look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome aboard and you got the addiction now. Look forward to seeing your work and hope to see you here posting in the future. SHEP

Welcome Paul! While this hobby can be much more cost effective than car modeling, if you find an interrest in 1/6 RC Vehicles etc... it can add up very quickly! Enjoy!

Thank you everyone and sorry I didn't place this thread into the right spot. Still looking for my first figure...

Back