• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by grumpytx

1. G

Question for the USMC experts

He would be wearing it as the light marching pack, using the haversack straps only. The M41 haversack has integral shoulder straps that do not require the pack to be rigged with the suspenders. It does have a bottom strap that allows the haversack to be attached to cartridge built, but many...
  2. G

He would be wearing it as the light marching pack, using the haversack straps only. The M41 haversack has integral shoulder straps that do not require the pack to be rigged with the suspenders. It does have a bottom strap that allows the haversack to be attached to cartridge built, but many...
  3. G

And, following the incorporation of this pack system and other field gear components at the same time, we refer to all of this field gear as 782 gear because of the form number we had to sign when all of it was issued... Semper Fi, Mac...
  4. G

And, following the incorporation of this pack system and other field gear components at the same time, we refer to all of this field gear as 782 gear because of the form number we had to sign when all of it was issued... Semper Fi, Mac...
  5. G

The M1941 Pack System was designed to be able to have several different configurations, depending upon the mission. Short answer is that, in combat, the pack and suspenders would not be rigged as you have described in your question. See http://www.ww2gyrene.org/782GEAR.htm for the long answer...
  6. G

The M1941 Pack System was designed to be able to have several different configurations, depending upon the mission. Short answer is that, in combat, the pack and suspenders would not be rigged as you have described in your question. See http://www.ww2gyrene.org/782GEAR.htm for the long answer...
  7. G

Well another question who has empty 50 cal rounds?

Toy Space (?) used to put out 12.7mm spent ammo casings... I bought several hundred to throw down on the floor of the B-17 waist gun section that Polo made...
  8. G

Well another question who has empty 50 cal rounds?

Toy Space (?) used to put out 12.7mm spent ammo casings... I bought several hundred to throw down on the floor of the B-17 waist gun section that Polo made...
  9. G

What is the State of 1/6 Armour/Vehicles?

GF... Ur last comment was exactly what I was inquiring about... A Stug III from Panzerwerks is an excellent choice (I have one myself)... Custom paint job--Scott Carter of Faded Armor can fix u up... Upgrades--Panzerwerks or Mike Stannard at Toyrrific have everything u will need... Shipping to...
  10. G

GF... Ur last comment was exactly what I was inquiring about... A Stug III from Panzerwerks is an excellent choice (I have one myself)... Custom paint job--Scott Carter of Faded Armor can fix u up... Upgrades--Panzerwerks or Mike Stannard at Toyrrific have everything u will need... Shipping to...
  11. G

GF... U mean 'Your idea makes no sense' of being vague on what kind of German vehicle u'd be interested in...?! U would be correct about that... Giving the group an idea of what u want (soft-skin, halftrack, armor, etc) and how much u'd like to spend would help in pointing u toward a source or...
  12. G

GF... U mean 'Your idea makes no sense' of being vague on what kind of German vehicle u'd be interested in...?! U would be correct about that... Giving the group an idea of what u want (soft-skin, halftrack, armor, etc) and how much u'd like to spend would help in pointing u toward a source or...
  13. G

Would help if u would indicate what kind of German vehicle you were looking for... 'Vehicle' and 'piece' don't tell us much... Keith (True Scale Armor') carries a bunch of German vehicles that are made in the Phillipines... Mk IV... SdKfz 251/1... Stuka zu Fuss... Depends upon what u are looking...
  14. G

Would help if u would indicate what kind of German vehicle you were looking for... 'Vehicle' and 'piece' don't tell us much... Keith (True Scale Armor') carries a bunch of German vehicles that are made in the Phillipines... Mk IV... SdKfz 251/1... Stuka zu Fuss... Depends upon what u are looking...
  15. G

Question/observations on Drangon US 37 at gun

I think Auggie is doing button holes on his new uni's... Maybe he'll give away his secret...
Back