• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

SdKfz 250 Project

I changed this piece and added more "fingers". I don't know if it is right or wrong, but I'm not changing it again (at least I think it looks better).

This is one of the two front visor glass replacement compartments on the left side of the driver wall. I will glue the glass piece once these parts have been painted.

Last edited:
The storage compartments on the right side of the commander's side. As with the other side, the glass will be installed after painting.

Worked on the front storage box. I wanted the door to be able to open so I used the smallest bit in my pin vise box to drill holes in the two outside loops of the door hinge and the box hinge. Then I slipped a very thin piece of wire into the holes. I will add the lock chain later after painting.

Does anybody know what color the extinguisher should be? I know if they are on the outside of a vehicle, they are normally the same color as the vehicle and are normally red if they are on the inside of an enclosed vehicle (like a tank), but what about an open-topped halftrack?

Last edited:
Long time no see :wink:
looking at you´´r great work, made me go through memory lane
did one back in 2005 those glory days :brit_wink:

Love you´r work

Does anybody know what color the extinguisher should be? I know if they are on the outside of a vehicle, they are normally the same color as the vehicle and are normally red if they are on the inside of an enclosed vehicle (like a tank), but what about an open-topped halftrack?[/QUOTE

Painted my gray , red nja for civil things, yes but other wise ??

Such amazing craftsmanship is going in to this, it's as if I'm watching the restoration of an actual Sd.Kfz 250. Grand stuff and thanks for sharing, Steve

Thanks, Steve. Haven't posted anything for a while. Just returned from South Dakota. My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary. Went through the Black Hills, Spearfish, and The Badlands. Had a great time. Will get back to the build soon.

Last edited:
Well, I have been able to get back to things for this build. Had a string of bad luck for a while. My wife's parents are in their mid 80's and had some medical problems we had to take care of, then her older sister caught COVID. She recovered, but it took some time. Then a very good friend of mine had to be flown by helicopter to Des Moines because he also caught COVID. Last I heard, it is touch-and-go with him.
I got back to the build working on the outer storage box. Here is what I came up with:

As you can see, I have also installed the commander's side visor.

The wing nuts are a little over-sized, but that is all I have for now. May change them out later.

Last edited:
I found some smaller wing nuts I got from FOA a while back. I think these are much more to scale than the other ones.

Did some work on the steering column. The directional indicator will be added after painting. I'm not really too concerned about how the back part looks. You won't be able to see that part once it has been installed, anyway.

There were 2 that are mounted on the locker.
If you can find the book TOTAL DETAIL Sd Kfz 250 Alt - Neu part 2 it is a very good reference book to have.

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

Thanks for the info and phots. I have also seen photos of a 250 with a dual-barrel carrier, but the photo that I have seen is not clear enough for me to tell if there is one or two of these. I was kind of wanting to do one (or two - if necessary) of these. Any further info on these?
Thanks, Bob

Back