• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

SdKfz 250 Project

Well, I'm back. Sorry for the delay. Have had a lot of personal issues to deal with. Did some work on the front. I'm not going to do a lot of work here other than what I have done. Some of the dimensions of my parts are off because this 250 is not 100% accurate so I just made them to fit.

Did some work for the track tension arms . I started out making a paper stencil of the tension arm cover. The little silver dots are press-on dots I use to simulate rivets or nuts. I only made the parts that are actually visible. I didn't make the complete back of the arms since they can't be seen, anyway.

Last edited:
Just wanted to see what it all looked like so far. One thing I have learned is just how small and cramped this thing must have been!

I’m surprised no manufacturer has done the dual barrel case in 1/6th, curious, I had thought the dual barrel case opened very similar to the single barrel case, am I wrong about that, or are there different models of the case? Regardless, outstanding craftsmanship, beautiful details, this has been a great build to follow!!!

The duel barrel case was at one time sold by Panzerwerk, I made the master.

I still have the paper cut-outs I used. I can send them to you if you want them? Send me a PM with your address. I got the design from a Russian site where some guys are doing a restore of a 250. They posted a couple of good shots of these parts.
Bob

The obsession for perfect detail is most obvious here. Great work, will be a masterpiece when she's done, painted and detailed...thanks for sharing the progressive stages. Cheers, Steve

Thanks, guys, for all the kind words. The build is slowing down due to my wife's mother's ill health. She has heart issues. Her parents are in their mid 80's and live about 75 miles away. We go there quite often to take care of them.
The hinges came from:
Nelsonhobby.com
John Desilits
They are 1/2" piano hinge. They come in 30" lengths. I purchased them a long time ago, but I think John stills sells them.
Bob

Back