• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

3-D Printing

3D printing is really happiness.
For a new project, I needed a pipe.
In 5 minutes, I found the file on the internet,
in 10 minutes, the file was modified to be printed
and after 1 hour the pipe came out of the printer.
Pipe
11842711.jpg

Yes, it is possible to make several pieces at the same time.
All the parts need to be placed on the printer bed
img_2020.jpg

Looking at the last photo,
I tell myself that I must specify that these are French M51 helmets
and that it is not a female breast

Thanks for the info, and yes my first thought of the last image was that you were making breasts for a female figure. ha

With the pipes, do you specify the support trees or does that part of the slicing or Fusion 360 program? Just lately was putting together a British figure and was searching the on line stores for a pipe. Sure would be fun to make parts that I need.
Thanks for your patience with the newbie questions.
Leonard

Hello Leonard.

Support trees are generated automatically by the slicing software.
But it is possible to modify them manually.
No problem for your questions,
i just hope you understand my explanations with my english translated by google

And since I try to always fill the printer tray, this is what it looks like when I print ONE pipe

screen12.png

You're English is excellent. Have been watching many Fusion 360 tutorials, mostly from a person named Lars. His tutorials are easy to understand and well thought out as well as fun to watch. Some tutorials from others have put me to sleep or they seem to miss discussing a step.

The Saturn 3D printer is listed by the mfr as being available on Amazon in October and am leaning towards ordering one. It is a big step, getting into an entirely new production method.

Up till now have used rubber molds and casting materials, with the cast almost doubling in the last few years, and it is very difficult to cast delicate parts which are also prone to breakage. Making a two part mold is also time consuming and then there is the storage issue of all the molds. Once learned 3D printing would have lots of benefits.

Leonard
RTT

Back