• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Recent content by GRAHAM

1. G

Joelanta 2009 - May 17th

It was a great show from my perspective, the Joelanta crew provided a really good venue, kept things interesting throughout the day with door prizes etc, and their infectious good energy. One of the things I like about this show is the dedicated following of regular attendees that has been...
  2. G

A few sights at DX 08

Glad you liked the boots Bob! I also think they make a big difference! NewLine is not supplying any other manufacturers, I have limited experience with the Toy City boots, but those that I have seen differ in quality of leather, I have not seen those that have similally constructed soles (I...
  3. G

A few sights at DX 08

Thanks for putting up some pics Cory - except for #8 - who is that ugly guy!!!??? Yep, those figures are boot25's, it was a great pleasure to meet him, and to see his fantastic work up close. As always, the usual suspects showed up and we managed to have some fun. Some of the highlights for me...
  4. G

M3 Halftrack

Yep, it sure is nice! I saw it at the Myrtle Beach show, Toy Chest had one on display. I'm saving my pennies! Graham
  5. G

Ontario Model Soldier Society June 14/15 2008 Toronto Canada

Wish I could have been there - I can't get enough of shows! Kudos to those who made it happen, sounds like it was greatly appreciated by those who attended. Keep 'em coming, you really discover the benefits and pleasures of shows only if you can attend! Graham
  6. G

french kepi ?

If you can find one (maybe Cotswold Collectibles) there was an Action Man French Foriegn Legionaire, it may even have been re-issued (again, check Cotswold). The Kepi was a pretty good shape, maybe a little large for some heads these days, but might be worth checking out. Sorry, I don't have a...
  7. G

Show in Myrtle Beach was great

Sound's like there is a need for a 'Travelling' show, incororating the talents not only of the major manufacturers, but of the extremely talented individuals who contribute soooo much to our hobby - imagine all the great stuff from Mike's show in Vegas, Bobby's or any of the show's I only get to...
  8. G

I almost forgot ( must have been a little distracted - can't think why) A BIG thank you to those who attended, I hope you liked the conventioneer package, I thought they were pretty dang cool! I know of one who made the trip from the NE, (can't remember if it was Philly or Pittsburg or the...
  9. G

It was indeed a great show, in terms of what there was to see and buy, and the way it was put together - Bobby's generosity of spirit is enourmous, and the passion he has for this hobby and Museum was evident in many ways, very infectious and pleasing to be around. I think it's important to say...
  10. G

Joelanta 2008

....it was probably taking that picture of Cory and I that made your camera die Dennis, it may never recover! As always, Joelanta was a blast, it was good to meet you too Dennis, and to find out that all I've heard about you isn't true! (only joking!) It was great to catch up with 'all the...
  11. G

M2-A1 / M2

These really are nicely done conversions, if you get the chance to see them up close you will get a much better idea of how well detailed they are, Mike and Cory put a lot of skill and work into these! The Diorama was pretty nice too, after Bobby had built the base it took 4 guys just a few...
  12. G

Back online and a new project

Nice job John! (nice kitchen too, what's for supper?) I trust we will see more of the progress! There are not many guy's who can say they have a 1/6 scale hot tub/gun emplacement in the kitchen! Does your 'outside' have an area where this will have a permanent, fixed home? Graham
  13. G

Looking for a good helmet weathering tutorial

You're welcome. This example is pretty heavily weathered, but choice of colours, amount of paint used and the time 'shaken' can produce a variety of pleasing effects. This method can be used for other 'metal' items too, gas mask cannisters, mess kits etc. Graham
  14. G

Looking for a good helmet weathering tutorial

For a fairly quick, overall weathering technique, try this: An acryllic wash with suitable earth, dust color. ( enamels work just as well) Remove or cover helmet liner. Drop a few small nuts, bolts, screws or similar into a coffe can (or similar container) -remove coffe first! Add small...
Back