• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. S

Project - 'D-Day spearhead'

Hello all. Firstly, I hope all went well with your festive break and all the best going forward into 2024 (I personally hope that it goes slower in pace than the last). Secondly, another year - another project theme and this year, to mark the 80th milestone anniversary of the event, it's all...
  2. S

Field of Armor - nil joy

G'day all, I posted a while back a long-standing issue I had with Field of Armor, namely that some products I'd paid for way back in 2020 (namely Flak 36/37 trailers, 88mm tank shells and a modification kit for a Panzer IIB to turn into an 'F' model) still have not arrived nor have the owners...
  3. S

Fields of Armor - LOCSTAT

G'day all, Not too sure if anyone can help or whether this is the right discussion area to ask but does anyone have a contact for Fields of Armor - the U.S.-based fine makers of tanks, parts and such? Reason being is that I've got two orders long-outstanding and I know they've recently had a...
  4. S

Project - 'Showcase'

G'day all, With Project 'Fallschirmjager' put on-hold (requiring more time that I just don't have at this time so will be a postponement 'til early next year). I've decided on a rapid-firing Plan-B under 'Showcase' to assist in celebrating our local model club's 50th Anniversary and I could...
  5. S

Project - 'Fallschirmjager'

G'day all... Whilst I've posted pics of next Feb's model show theme covering WW2 snipers, there is also a second model show next November (the traditional month for them). With that in-mind, preliminary work is being done to pull together all the stuff I need to plan the 19 vignettes required...
  6. S

Project - 'Deadly intent'

G'day all, Firstly I do hope everyone is getting-by alright in the current COVID world and for those vets amongst us that have partaken in the 'Long War' in Afghanistan - never think that your service, regardless of the negativity that has stemmed from it and its tragic 'bug-out' finale, was in...
  7. S

Project - 'DAK' - MG34 position

G'day all, Been awhile and for those tracking (so to speak) my diorama series on the Armor/Mech folder this one (the first befitting a thread on 'Ground Pounders') is another on the production line. This scene will show a shallow shell scrape dug out of the harsh North African landscape to...
  8. S

Project - DAK - Flak 88/36

G'day all, Been awhile since my last post and hope all is going fine with all on SAG?. Last post entry was regards the DML kit-form Pz 11C which I intend to turn into an F variant, however; I've decided to shelve that particular project pending arrival of an Field Of Armor (FOA) modification...
  9. S

Project - DAK - Pz IIF

G'day all, Next cab off the DAK rank - a DML kit-form Panzer IIC which tanks...er...thanks to Field of Armor I plan to turn into a Panzer IIF which will be enhanced somewhat by researching a range of books I have on the Panzer II from the likes of Schiffer, Tankograd and Panzertracts in order...
  10. S

Project - DAK - Le IG 18

G'day all, Just a quick one regards another piece of fine German ordnance as part of the overarching 'Plan DAK'...the 7.5cm Leichte Infanterie Geschutz 18, or Light Infantry Howitzer model 18. I'll be using this piece to for the scene covering the so-called 'Siege of Tobruk' where Rommel's...
  11. S

Project - DAK - FLAK38

G'day all and I hope everyone is up for another, COVID-aside, year of great posts. I was looking at progressing in both Wehrmacht Mobility and Firepower this year for a combine large series of dioramas for the November show but I've shelved it all in-favour of returning to my original 2013...
  12. S

Project - 'Wehrmacht Firepower' - "Puppchen"

G'day all, I wasn't going to post anymore 'til the new year but I found half an hour today to complete my CHE 8.8cm Racketenwerfer (Rocket launcher) 43. Known as the "Puppchen" ("Dolly"), this weapon combined a Panzerschreck with closed breech block with a lightweight carriage and came as a...
  13. S

Project 'Wehrmacht Firepower' - Mortars

G'day all, For my second last post of the year - the last being the completion of the Kubelwagen which I should have done by tomorrow (Friday) - a sneak peak of my 'first cab of the rank' for next year (Feb-Mar) continuing with German firepower - mortars. For the model show late next year...
  14. S

Project 'Wehrmacht Firepower' - Nebelwerfer

G'day all, Yes, I've posted a bit of late pertaining to weapons of the Wehrmacht, suffice to say I'm on a roll with several on the go and the latest to add is DiD's all-metal 15cm Nebelwerfer which roughly translates to 'Smoke thrower' or mortar but was more infamously known amongst the Allies...
  15. S

Project - 'Wehrmacht Firepower' - Goliath awaits

G'day all, Just a quick one (and probably seemingly mundane when compared to some of the great vehicle work posted recently). As part of next year's diorama series - one will encompass Wehrmacht mobility and firepower in one by combining DML CHE's Sd.Kfz 302 tracked light demolition charge...
  16. S

Project - 'Wehrmacht Firepower' - PAKem in

G'day all, hope everyone is travelling fine?, For those that have followed my various 'Wehrmacht on the Move' threads and the fact that my planned dioramas won't go ahead this year due to a COVID-Cancelled model show, I'm now combining the 'on the Move' with next year's planned 'Wehrmacht...
  17. S

Project - 'Wehrmacht on the Move' - Kubelwagen

G'day all, Whilst working on the Horch w/Flak38, the preliminary basecoat and camo. I decided to bring out the next model for this year's project in order to save some time given both require airbrush for the camo patterns to be applied. The all-metal Kubelwagen from Qiashou is not a bad little...
  18. S

Project - 'Wehrmacht on the move' - Horch Type 1a w/Flak 38 on trailer

G'day all, Attached are pics pertaining to what should be, in relation to the Sd.Kfz 250.1, an easily repaint and detail for another Taowan all-metal model - the Horch Type 1a heavy standard passenger car with the spare tyre in the middle (on both sides) indicative of an early version (later...
  19. S

Project - 'Currahee' - the lost scene

G'day all, For those not familiar with the series of Project 'Currahee' threads from last year, I had put together 20 dioramas covering the U.S. 101st 'Screaming Eagles' airborne division during their time in Normandy, however; only 19 vignettes went in as some of the parts required for Scene 2...
  20. S

Project - Wehrmacht on the move - Sd.Kfz 250/1 - Ostfront

G'day all, Given my first three projects relating to German Army mobility dealt with horses (one of which still awaiting parts for completion), I've moved onto one of two vehicle projects for the year relating to the theme. This particular one a TAOWAN 2013 release of the Sd.Kfz 205/1 in the...
Back