• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. tankfan0720

RC BMW R75

Another new project. Always loved the German motorbikes. If you have a printer this guy makes some great models. https://cults3d.com/en/search?q=MINIALAND57 Assembly side view: Side car: Front end: wheel assembly: Friend and fellow builder in Oz made some sweet rubber tires for the...
  2. tankfan0720

RC RSO

Hello SAG A few pix of my 1/6 RSO project. This has been a long time in the works - finally getting realized with the help of 3D printing. Some photos of hull. Printed in PLA + in 3 sections. Glued together then reinforced by 4X 5mm carbon rods through all 3 hull pieces. Frame rails along...
  3. tankfan0720

Opel Blitz RC conversion

Hi this thread is for RC conversion of a Frank Wang Opel truck. The truck is static but all steel. I've always wanted an RC version. Using 1/8 scale truck parts from Veroma Modellbau: https://www.veroma-modellbau.eu/ Replacing front axles: Lovely axle and springs from Veroma: Test...
  4. tankfan0720

New Project - Got tracks but not a tank

Since I'm great at starting projects and never finishing, I figured I'd post on another new project! Can you guess what it is? Its got tracks but is not a tank. Parts are all scratch made except tracks. Those are from DAS GIESSWERK in Germany. All 3D printed parts from Shapeways from...
  5. tankfan0720

Sherman (Dragon) M4A3

Hello all, I enjoy this site and all the fantastic projects. I wanted to post some pix of my latest project. The Dragon M4A3. This is a fun kit. It has a lot of things not quite correct, but being plastic it is easy to modify and has really endless potential for detailing and improvement. I...
  6. tankfan0720

Dragon 1/6 Sherman

Hi All, I started my Sherman kit from Dragon. Overall its a pretty nice kit, I love the big parts. Building a plastic kit does bring back some great childhood memories. I remember getting the 1/25 scale Tamiya Tiger 1 kit when I was 10yrs old, and thinking how huge it was compared to 1/35. Well...
  7. tankfan0720

Has anyone used smooth-on or other supplier products for making rubber like tires?

Has anyone used any smooth-on or other supplier products for making rubber like tires? Would like a supplier in US. Smooth on technical has recommended PMC-770, which is shore 70A (failry hard but flexible) urethane rubber. Has anyone used this or similar? Thanks, Bob
  8. tankfan0720

Panzer II Luch -from scratch

Hi all, I've been enjoying everyone's progress on their projects. Some great stuff on this forum. I thought I would put some pix of one of my projects. Its a Panzer II Luch. I'm making it all from scratch using a Tasca model and Panzertracts books for reference. Some of the photos are from the...
  9. tankfan0720

M5 from Scratch

Hi All, I'm new to this forum, but not new to tanks. I thought I would post some pix of my M5 Stuart build. Starting with wheels and tracks because they are the hardest and most time consuming. The model will be full RC eventually. All parts are made entirely from scratch using a 1/35 AFV club...
Back