• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. K

761st shoulder patch question

Can’t seem to find any decent war time pics to help me answer this question. Which sleeve patch would would be worn by the guys on the ground supporting the tanks ? 761st triangle or the Orange circle with the Black Panther ?
  2. K

Hitler Youth / 12 SS uniform questions

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the relationship between the HJ youth organization and the 12th SS HJ. So it's not common for the cuff title to be worn on the black tunic of the boys in the HJ youth group? Wasn't the cuff title made for the 12th SS once it was formed into a...
  3. K

New SS camo ???

Couldn't figure out how to change the title. These soldiers in the picture are not SS. Ran across this picture of Rommel inspecting some troops in Normandy in 44. Check out the apron like piece of clothing with the odd camo pattern. Looking at the three soldiers on the right you'll notice...
  4. K

HJ camo question

Is there any photo proof of HJ wearing zelts in combat? Trying to figure out what to do with the Italian camo zelt that DML put out a couple of years ago. I recall reading somewhere that all of the captured Italian camo material went to the SS and HJ. Steve
  5. K

Japanese questions

Don't know much about the Japanese Army and have a few questions about gear and it's placement. What was the likelihood that A Japanese medic carried a sidearm? If so, was this rank specific or not? Were the e-tool and mess tin only carried when the canvas pack was carried or were they...
  6. K

Propane tanks in WWII?

Is there any WWII use for the propane tanks the new Loading toys heads come in? Propane has been around since early 1900's and I tried a web search for pics of 40's era tanks/cylinders to see what they looked like and was unable to come up with anything. Steve
  7. K

Need info on facial hair in British army

Does anyone know the general regs on facial hair in the British army in WWII? Was this something only officers where allowed or was it common among the NCO's and general ranks? Steve
  8. K

Götz von Berlichingen cufftitle?

Does anyone make a decent 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division Götz von Berlichingen cufftitle in 1/6 scale? Steve
  9. K

Native American question

The movie "Wind Talkers" showed us how Native Americans served their country in the PTO but....does anyone know if any served in the ETO? Steve
  10. K

US legging question

Do the leggings in the current DML US Marines figures differ any from the short leggings used by the Army? Round about what year did the Army go to the shorter leggings? Steve
  11. K

Luftwaffe radio operator question

Trying to get some troops ready for our diorama coming up this March and need some help. I'm trying to determine the correct sleeve badge/patch for a radio operator from a Luftwaffe Flak unit (field blue unis with red arty. insignia). The dio is more or less a battery of 5 flak guns in a...
  12. K

Where can I find good Luft. atry insignia?

Anyone know where I can find some good Luftwaffe artillery insignia? The CVI stuff doesn't really do much for me. Shoulder boards are not a problem. I'll just use existing DML Luft. arty. enlisted man stuff and turn the white infantry piping on officers boards to red. I need collar tabs and...
  13. K

MERRY CHRISTMAS YALL !!

I know it's a tad early in most of the U.S. time zones, but the wife and I just snuck the little girl's presents under the tree and are sitting back slugging (I mean sipping) Southern Comfort and Coke and watching it snow out the window. Yep, SNOW! It's the first white Christmas in Dallas, Texas...
  14. K

Feldgendarmerie gorget question

While doing some web searching on Feldgies I ran across a reenactor site that stated the gorget was only issued to NCO's with Jr. NCO's having to purchase their own. No mention of lower ranks having or wearing the gorget. Anyone know if this is true? Steve
  15. K

German combat awards question

If an officer, Heer or SS either one, were wearing a ribbon bar on a field uniform would he still wear the ribbons? Ex: If the ribbon bar showed the a Russian Front ribbon and an Iron Cross ribbon would he still wear the ribbons in the button hole of the tunic? Thinking that the subject of...
  16. K

Need some serious help with Italians !!

The LSSR dio group has an Anzio dio planned for this fall and my contribution will consist mainly of Italians. I've saved and scrounged enough gear for around 18 troops but, aside from the 8 para's (i'm good on these guys) i'm not sure what to do with the others. I've found very little info on...
  17. K

DiD "Rudolf Anhalt" question

I'm sure there was some discussion about this when the figure was first previewed or released but, I seem to have missed out on that and I find my curiosity is getting the better of me. What was the little black leather pouch attached to the white sash used for? Personal ID, handcuffs, a pack...
  18. K

Need some odd Russian Army info

Seems that almost anything relating to the Red Army of WWII is next to impossible to find. I do a search online and get 7000 pages a crap to weed through and still don't find what i'm looking for after hours of digging. I was wondering if any of you have run across any info on/pics of Russian...
  19. K

Easy Puppchen wheel conversion!

Until CH pops out that wheeled version, here's what you can do to hold you over. I know alot of you are a little let down by the fact that the "Pupp" came with skis and not wheels. Heck, I live in Texas and with the sooooo infreuqent snowfalls here, I have no use what so ever for anything with...
Back