• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. K

Panzercommander HOH

Completed another purchase from Fred recently. Everything thing was as described, packed with care and shipped at break-neck speed. Thanks Fred !!! Steve
  2. K

761st shoulder patch question

That’s kinda what I had in mind but found so few pics to back up that thought. I believe DML released and AA figure years and years ago, Wiley maybe, that I seem to recall was representing either the tank battalion or the tank destroyers but had no insignia on the uniform since the fig was...
  3. K

761st shoulder patch question

Can’t seem to find any decent war time pics to help me answer this question. Which sleeve patch would would be worn by the guys on the ground supporting the tanks ? 761st triangle or the Orange circle with the Black Panther ?
  4. K

Panzercommander HOH

Purchased some spare parts from Fred and can’t say enough good things. Great communication, fast shipping, well packaged. Thanks Fred !
  5. K

British officer 1944

I too have to agree, nice figure. May be one little tweak to improve on your work. Dump the DML factory posts on the ammo pouches and add LTD fasteners. Steve
  6. K

Ranger "Capt" 1944

Good looking figure. Nice weathering, not overdone and cool touch with the Captain bars on the corner of the base. Steve
  7. K

 Fallschirmjäger Crimea 1941

A very well done figure. I have a few little tweaks you may consider for this and any future figures. Either fold the handles in on the water bottle cup or just turn the cup around. Dump the stock DML peg on the water bottle strap, add a small buckle and glue the strap down. Do a dirty...
  8. K

A tale of strength...

60 years after death, the life of Billie D. Harris is still being celebrated. 60 days after the last handful of dirt is thrown over his casket, few people will remember who the hell Congressman Thornberry even was. May God bless Billie D. Harris for his actions and may God damn Congressman...
  9. K

May 1940, the last time, I promise!

Funny how a caravan of 30 vehicles can travel a road and never leave a tire mark! :-P I'm some serious jealous of that collection of vehicles! Steve
  10. K

Unlucky Russians

Looks like a life or death game of "Whack A Mole"! Krauts wait for the stupid Commie to stick his head up and then blow it off. Nice setting!!! Steve
  11. K

"We'll take it!, you fall back!" - new SPR shoot (pic heavy)

That's a really, really nice job. The point of aim, projectile path and point of impact on the bazooka shots are perfect. Steve
  12. K

D-Day in Normandy

A couple of the most important things to remember are details and realistic, natural poses....... and you've got some good ones here. Steve
  13. K

Kampfgruppe Von Abt - Tank Advance

Excellent dio! Luftwaffe ground forces is an interesting choice. As others have already said, I too love the "behind the scenes" pics showing how it all comes together. Is hanging the messtin upside down on the breadbag a European thing? :-P Steve
  14. K

Hitler Youth / 12 SS uniform questions

Rogue, You are a wealth of information and library of photos at the touch of a button. Thank you!!!! Seems like every time I do a search I end up with the same pics of little boys in black unis, cute blondes in t-shirts and shorts, 2 kids in baggy Luftwaffe uniforms sitting on a jeep or the...
  15. K

Hitler Youth / 12 SS uniform questions

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the relationship between the HJ youth organization and the 12th SS HJ. So it's not common for the cuff title to be worn on the black tunic of the boys in the HJ youth group? Wasn't the cuff title made for the 12th SS once it was formed into a...
  16. K

Fixing Sunbleached Uniforms

Can't really tell they were ever bleached out to an almost white as you say. The helmet strap buckles are a bit of a step backward if I may. Those are some of the original buckles that came on the helmets when they had black elastic straps back in like 1999 or so. You might be better off using...
  17. K

M1 Carbine clip pouch for shoulder stock

Eduardo, DML produced it a couple of times at least and maybe more. I can't recall exactly which figures they came with but one had a bigger cloth/web loop on the back of the pouch and the other version had the cloth/web strap stitched on with elastic so it would stretch over the stock...
  18. K

Cathedrals, basilicas, abbeys and parish churches.

It is most definitely your time and money, but I think Germanbilly has a point about needing to build the city to go with the church. A huge ornate church like that may look a little out of place in the countryside where the little country chapel may be a better fit for your existing structures...
  19. K

Panzer veteran of Ost front

Very cool effect with the lights. How did you rust the drum? Steve
  20. K

DID equipment sets I would buy!

dti62: Toy City makes some pretty complete uniform sets if you don't mind paying $50 a pop. They may not currently offer the exact sets you want but they may in time. I seem to recall at some point in the past this very topic of gear sets has come up once or twice and a few of the guys in the...
Back