• Pardon the dust while the boys rebuild the site.

The board will be in a state of disarray as I get things sorted out, for a little while at least.

The new incarnation is using Xenforo as the system software. It is much like what we are used to, with a few differences. I will see about making a FAQ to help point out the differences for the members.

One IMPORTANT difference for all of us old timers is that the 'mail' system is replaced with what are called 'conversations'/

There is no 'Inbox' or 'Out box' or 'Sent' folders anymore.

Think of Conversations as private 'threads' or topics that don't exist in a forum, that you start with another member. NOTE: Conversations can include more than one member if you or someone else in the conversaion, likes.
    Takes a little getting used to but I am sure you all can get a hang of it.

Only a slightly modified default default Xenforo style is available for now. Once the new SAG style is ready it will be available.

All existing users should be able to login with their usernames and passwords once the site goes up.

If anyone has difficulties logging in please contact me at sixthvanguard@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support and patience. I know it has been a loooong road.

Search results

1. SLICK7

Awesome work

I wanted to take a minute and tell everybody that your figures/work continues to be second to know. Thank you for sharing. Ground Pounders remains my favorite place to check out incredible 1/6 posts. Sorry not to coment on each post but my visual issues make it difficult. So one big shout out to...
  2. SLICK7

Erwin Rommel dio help question, what wounds did he sustain when his car was attacked?

I'm working on an Erwin Rommel dio. My crappy eye sight makes the process 10 times harder than it used to be. I tried to look this up online but gave up. Can anybody tell me what wounds ER sustained when his car was attacked? Thanks. Looking forward to first dio since my brain popped. I hope I...
  3. SLICK7

Long Strange Trip

Wow. I can't believe I haven't been on since March. I was shocked to see figures shipping at $160 bucks too. Anyway, on March 8 I was laying on the sofa watching the boob tube and I had a massive stroke. I died twice and somehow I'm still hear. Doctors say I'm a miracle. WTF. My eyesight is not...
  4. SLICK7

Where Did Everybody Go?

I'm truly astonished/amazed at how the ranks have thinned. I've always considered SAG the place to be and forum to see when it comes to WWII - 1/6 scale modeling. But even here the number of views and replies are abysmal. I'm somewhat of a latecomer to SAG but even I remember the day when I...
  5. SLICK7

Rommel in Black

Sometime back there was a brief discussion regarding Erwin Rommel in a blank Panzer Division uniform. Nobody could recall ever seeing a photo of him in that type of uniform. Until now... Feedback would be greatly appreciated. And, as always, thanks for looking. SLICK
  6. SLICK7

Erwin Rommel; did he wear the black German tankers uniform?

I was thinking of making a different than usual E. Rommel figure. Did he wear, and/or are there pictures of him in the black German tanker uniform? All responses appreciated.
  7. SLICK7

Bronco deluxe 700 sheet roll

2 Privates and a Lieutenant from the 101st are making their way back behind friendly lines. As they walk along side a briar patch the lead Trooper hears groaning in the patch. PVT 1 (whispering): "Sir I see somebody in there moving. Must be a Kraut! He's wearing camo. His rifle is against...
  8. SLICK7

Time of year to stock up....

I was at the local Walgreens pharmacy walking through the Halloween section and noticed that they had a big supply of fake blood. Only $.99 a tube. So, if anybody is planning a dio or bash that requires blood, now is the perfect time to stock up.
  9. SLICK7

Sepp Dietrich 3R figure

Only posting for the sake of discussion, but has anybody else noticed the collar tabs on the upcoming 3R release of Sepp Dietrich? In the gray uniform his collar tabs are for the rank of Obergruppen-Fuhrer but in his black tanker uniform he has the rank of Oberstgruppen-Fuhrer. Any explanation...
  10. SLICK7

On the Receiving End...

Almost four years ago I posted a Fj mortar team. As I continue to perfect my squibs (I think a squib could be described as a special effect blast), I thought I'd post where the mortars landed. The pics are screen shots from video so they are a bit grainy. Let me know what you think of the...
  11. SLICK7

Pak 44

Has anyone ever scratch built or has a company manufactured a 12.8 cm PAK 44?
  12. SLICK7

War pigs

Anybody seen this flick yet?
  13. SLICK7

Trying to make squibs...

I've started experimenting with the making squibs. These pics were my first attempts to get the amount of gun powder correct. Still not getting the blast right. And I have a ways to go with the electronic ignition. The last pic shows actual gun powder residue on the rifle and right sleeve. I'm...
  14. SLICK7

Found a cool blog and movie...

First, has anybody seen this war movie blog before? It's called the War Movie Blog. http://warmoviebuff.blogspot.com Second, I went down to the Smithsonian's Air & Space Museum yesterday and saw banners advertising a 3D movie called D-Day 3D: Normandy 1944. The Imax theater was down for...
  15. SLICK7

Has any body seen this list?

I was surfing the web (If that is still what it is called) and I came across this page. Has any body ever seen it before? Is it complete? http://www.minitroops.com/dmlcolor.htm I was shocked at the number of figures Dragon has put out there.
  16. SLICK7

Fury - Did anybody notice these goofs?

I originally saw Fury in the theater and just watched it for the second time - on demand. Did anybody notice that in the first scene inside the tank one of the crew calls Wardaddy "Sir"? The next time he is called sir he corrects the guy and says, "I'm not a sir!" The other thing I noticed was...
  17. SLICK7

WWII Chronicles DVD, any good?

I saw this DVD for 5 bucks at the grocery store today. Its called WWII Chronicles. 19 Featured Documentaries. Has anybody seen it? If so, was it worth the fie dollas?
  18. SLICK7

Say it isn't so...

Oh boy, Seeing diD release a modern figure makes me real nervous. I hope they aren't switching gears away from WWII. I felt my stomach turn when I followed up on Jason's recent post.
  19. SLICK7

Some of the best photos...

I found another facebook page with colorized WWII photos. These are some of the best I have ever seen in my life! There is one pic with a gray German helmet with black spots painted on it (a scheme I have never seen before). Enjoy...
  20. SLICK7

Great WWII photos

Not sure if this is a duplicate either. Awesome WWII photos. When I added to my favorites I was somewhere in the middle of the pics, so you will have to go in both directions (previous/next) to see them all. Enjoy...
Back